Sleeps: 4. Linen & towels provided (included in price).
Electricity (included in price).
Pets: may take dogs (maximum 2) - please enquire.
Low season: From £290 per week, short breaks £79 per night (minimum stay 3 nights).
Mid season: From £350 per week, short breaks £89 per night (minimum stay 3 nights).
High season: From £390 per week - weekly lets only.
Christmas - £420 per week or £99 per night (minimum stay 3 nights).
New Year - £450 per week or £119 per night (minimum stay 3 nights).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07780 556185
Last minute vacancies during weeks:This enchanting detached 2 bedroom cottage is located just yards from a sandy beach. The cottage has wonderful views over Kilbrannan Sound to the Isle of Arran - seals, otters, sea-birds and porpoise are regular sights. With a pretty secluded south facing back garden, it is set in the picturesque hamlet of Grogport, once a secret haven for whisky smugglers.
28 Nov, 5 Dec, 12 Dec, 2 Jan
The cottage is equipped with:
- The village of Carradale, just 4 miles drive away, has 3 hotels with restaurants, a coffee shop, 2 post offices, a bakery/general store, silversmith, police station and a health centre. It has a 9 hole golf course, sea fishing and riding as well as a wildlife reserve and a 2000 year old vitrified fort. It also has a harbour and a beautiful long sandy beach - easy access for swimming.
- Grogport is the perfect place to relax and unwind. It sits on the Kintyre Way, one of Scotland's newest walking trails. Whether you are reading a book, checking out the many interesting and historical places to visit or just simply looking at the ever-changing sea, this perfect setting has something for everyone.
- Grogport is an excellent all year round base for exploring the surrounding sites and beautiful landscapes of Argyll and the Kintyre peninsula which boasts hidden coves, deserted beaches, medieval castles, tiny fishing communities and gentle hills.
- There are ferries to Arran, Gigha, Islay and Jura all within easy touring distance. There is also a ferry service from Tarbert to the Kyles of Bute (Portavadie) and a new service between Ardrossan and Campbeltown.
- Tarbert (18 miles) has a lovely old busy harbour with several shops, art galleries, restaurants, cafes and a 9 hole golf course.
- Campbeltown (17 miles) has 2 whisky distilleries, a delightful museum, cinema, leisure centre with swimming pool, Dunaverty 18 hole golf course, 2 supermarkets and trips to Davaar Island and Ireland.
- Machrihanish (22 miles) has a famous 18 hole golf course and a new 18 hole course and a new 18 hole golf course.
Things to do:
- Lounge with log burning stove, TV/DVD player, docking station.
- Newly fitted kitchen with hob, oven, integrated fridge (with small freezer section) and washing machine, microwave with grill. French doors opening out to secluded and sheltered garden.
- 2 double bedrooms, one with double bed, and one with twin beds.
- Bathroom with bath, shower, toilet, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- Hair dryer, ironing board & iron.
- Duvets and pillows.
- Secure garden.
- Easy walking access.
- Shops 4 miles.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Local safe beaches
- If you are a lover of seafood and shellfish, then why not spend some time exploring the Seafood Trail which showcases the best of local produce.
- The Seafood Cabin in Skipness (20 mins drive located next to the ruined castle) has wonderful seafood dishes. It is open from May - September and offers al fresco dining in the garden with stunning views over to Arran.
- In Carradale you will find a restaurant in the Carradale Hotel, the Ashbank Hotel & Dunvalanree Hotel offering a variety of food.