Staffordshire Moorlands /
Derbyshire Peak district
Secure bicycle shed.
Low season £210 pw.
High season £325 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01538 266797 or 07895729308
Reload this mapThe Wolery is a stone barn conversion, sleeping 2 people, nestled in the Staffordshire Moorlands. The cottage boasts spectacular views across the valley below and is superb location to relax and unwind. Tastefully furnished and decorated, this cosy cottage is a perfect retreat all year round, it offers a secluded setting, perfect for a glass of wine on the patio, bird watching from the sitting room or simply time out to read and restore spirits.
The converted barn is set over two levels:
Things to do and places to visit nearby:
- On the ground floor is a well equipped country kitchen with a dining table for two, a bathroom with laundry area.
- Also off the kitchen is a double bedroom with lovely views over the valley beyond.
- Leading up the stairs from the kitchen is the sitting room set in the eaves. Enjoying a picture window, this room is ideal for relaxing or even bird watching, with panoramic views over the valley beyond.
- Historic houses and gardens: nearby are several of the most famous historic houses and gardens in the UK including Chatsworth (filming location for Pride and Prejudice), Trentham Gardens, Biddulph Grange, Sudbury Hall, Haddon Hall (filming location for Jane Eyre), Consall Hall Gardens and more.
- Industrial and cultural heritage: a 20 minute drive brings you into Stoke-on-Trent, a town famed for its pottery. Here there are plenty of chinaware shops and factory outlets which include Wedgewood and Emma Bridgewater.
- Walking: there are a number of walks that start from the front door of The Wolery, enjoying some of the lesser known corners of the Staffordshire Moorlands. The Peak District National Park is a short distance away, offering walking for the accomplished and for those wanting to enjoy pubs and cafes along the way.
As dog lovers ourselves we welcome well behaved dogs at no extra charge.