Sleeps: 7 / 8 persons.
Cots available on request.
Sorry no pets.
Irish Tourist Board: 3 Stars.
175 - 450 euro per wk.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Nellie Keady,
Abbey Street, Ballinrobe, Co.Mayo, Ireland
Tel: +353 9495 41074 or 41671
Fax: +353 9495 41788
This development, comprising nine self catering holiday homes, is situated on a private demesne on the outskirts of Ballinrobe, Co.Mayo. Surrounded by mature trees and bordered on one side by the river Robe, the site is beautifully landscaped.
Each house contains:
- The detached holiday homes are built to a high standard of workmanship.
- One home is purpose built for the disabled.
- The houses combine the old traditional features with all the modern requirements of today.
- The houses can accommodate up to 7 / 8 people.
- 4 bedrooms - ie ground floor: 3 bedrooms (1D, 2S, 1S) and bathroom with shower over bath.
- Ground floor: Living room/dining room, open fireplace. Kitchen with microwave, electric cooker, refrigerator, washing machine. Bathroom, electric storage heating on '2 euro' coin meter.
- First floor: 1 bedroom (3S) ensuite (shower, wc and wash handbasin).
Linen supplied. No towels. Electriciy on '2 euro' slot meter. Colour TV in each house. Open all year round. Cots on request. Babysitting available at extra cost.Location
- Situated in an area rich in history and archeology researched and documented, with many sites for viewing.
- This is an ideal touring and walking location - Gateway to Connemara.
- Galway City, Westport House and Zoo, Knock Shrine and Airport, Ashford Castle Cong where the Quiet Man film was made, the Burren, Ceide Fields at North Mayo - all are within easy driving distance.
- Country Life Museum in Castlebar, approx 20 miles.
- Ballinrobe 18 hole Championship Parkland Course
- Claremorris 18 hole
- Oughterard 18 hole
- Westport 18 hole Championship Course
- Ballinrobe has an indoor Sports Complex as well as an outdoor playground.
- The town has many fine restaurants and pubs.
- Ballinrobe has the only race course in Mayo with 9 meetings due to be held between April and September 2013.
- Freshwater Angling: Lough Mask is an internationally-known trout angling centre and the holiday homes are situated within one mile of Lough Mask with Lough Carra and Lough Corrib within easy driving distance.
- Lough Mask: Mooring facilities at Brownstown on the southern end of the lake and at Moorehall on the northern end. Boats, engines and boatmen are available for hire locally.
- Lough Corrib: Cong, Clonbur and Cornamona are internationally famous game angling centres on Lough Corrib and are only a short drive away. Boats, engines and boatmen are available for hire.
- Robe River: This river is good for trout as well as Perch and Pike.
- Keel River: This river, joining Mask and Carra, gives excellent trout angling.
- Derrymore River: This river, seven miles from Ballinrobe, is good for Pike and Perch as well as Trout.
- Sea Angling: Ballinrobe is within easy reach of Westport and Newport, two important sea angling centres on Clew Bay. Boats, skippers, fishing tackle etc available for hire locally.
- Cruising: From the bridge at Ashford Castle in Cong, a 50 passenger motor launch 'Corrib Queen' leaves daily (May to Sept) sailing up Lough Corrib and visiting many of the numerous islands on the lake.