Sleeps: 2, and 4.
2 self catering cottages.
Visit Britain: 4 Stars.
Buzzards, 1 Bed sleeps 2: £250 - £450 pw.
Toads Breech, 2 Bed sleeps 2 - 4: £350 - £650 pw.
Short Breaks Available - 3 Nights Friday - Monday or
4 Nights Monday - Friday.
Owners live on site so are always available for assistance / information.
Full central heating and a log burner ensure our holiday cottages are comfortable at any time of year.
For further details please contact:
Steve & Fiona Reeves
Tel: 01398 371303 or 0797 44 33 491
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapTwo immaculate and charming holiday cottages surrounded by own 13 acres of rolling countryside. Set in the stunning rural location within Exmoor National Park, Somerset. Offers all the character of a converted Exmoor Stone Barn with the luxury of modern comforts.
8 Mar, 15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar, 5 Apr, 12 Apr
The cottages are surrounded by quiet countryside in which you can escape the crowds. From the moment you arrive, you will start to unwind. Your bed will be made, fluffy towels will await and the log fire will only require a match. Both cottages provide an idyllic, cosy and peaceful retreat whatever the season.
- Buzzards has a traditional layout with a large upstairs bedroom containing a kingsize bed, chest of drawers, hanging wardrobe, full length mirror, table, chair and hairdryer. It also has a shower room, complete with power shower.
- Downstairs, off a small entrance hallway, is the large open plan living room. This has a dedicated well equipped kitchen, dining table and chairs plus comfortable sofa opposite the log burner and TV area.
- Toads Breech Ground floor: Sitting room with original oak beams, log burner, Exmoor solid Oak floor, comfortable sofas, TV, DVD and an ipod Docking station.
- Separate Kitchen / dining room with Oak beams, a good range of kitchen cupboards, electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer washing machine dining table and 4 chairs.
- Downstairs Toilet.
- Upstairs, Spacious Landing.
- Master bedroom with views over the surrounding fields. Kingsize bed, chest of drawers, hanging cupboards, full length mirror, table, chair and hairdryer and a clock radio.
- Second Bedroom. Twin 3ft single beds, hanging cupboard, chest of drawers and a hairdryer.
- Bathroom with bath and hand held power shower. Shaver point.
- This is an area of wooded valleys with sparkling streams and rivers, open fields with gentle farming pastures and heather covered moorland. All are close to ancient hamlets and villages with friendly but traditional pubs, cafes and old churches.
- Brompton Regis is just one mile away, with a well stocked Community run village shop and a good local pub serving great food and local cider / ales.
- The charming town of Dulverton - known as the "Gateway to Exmoor" is four miles. It offers the sedate quaint atmosphere of a bygone village but has a superb selection of shops, cafes, pubs, a river and even a statue of Lorna Doone.
- Wimbleball Lake is 2 miles away, famous for the annual International Iron Man completion in June, but where you can also enjoy an all year round range of outdoor activities. Walking, fishing, windsurfing, canoeing and sailing to name but a few.
- The coast is an under 30 minute drive, providing interesting scenery and beaches for walking and Bird watching.
- Exmoors most famous features - Tarr Steps, Dunkery Beacon and Dunster village with its historic buildings, medieval Yarn market and Castle are all a short drive away.