Sorry no pets.
Price range: £300 - £395 pw.
Short breaks from £150.
For further details please contact:
Jim & Rebekah Glockling
Telephone / Answerphone: 07900 692911
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe STUDIO is an architect designed, standalone holiday residence located at the top of the garden to Vyners Cottage, a thatched family home dating from 1645, on the edge of the Cotswold village of Long Compton. With separate vehicular entrance and secure parking for bikes and cars, the STUDIO is an excellent base for hikers, mountain bikers, Cotswold explorers and Stratford theatre-goers with direct access to footpaths and bridleways to the hills and woods behind. Both the famed Macmillan Way and Shakespeare's Way pass within yards of the Studio's location. Bedecked with solar panels, constructed of timber and high performance glazing with high levels of insulation throughout, the studio is a good example of sustainable accommodation.
On the ground floor is:
On the 1st floor is:
- A snug living room.
- 2 seater sofa-bed that converts to large single bed (or small double bed).
- chair, coffee table, hi-fi, computer with internet access and OS mapping software for walkers, Wi-Fi-33 internet connection, wall mounted flat-screen TV with DVD player, and a selection of games, videos, DVD's, books, and walking guides and maps for the area.
- Utility / Laundry room with toilet, sink, clothes washer/dryer, drying line and additional storage space.
- A beautiful spacious double bedroom with small video TV and views out over the garden and thatched roof of Vyners Cottage to the Church of Long Compton and hills behind.
- Bathroom with large footprint shower providing ideal refreshment following bracing walks.
- Kitchenette with views over the fields and hills providing sink, fridge, kettle, microwave cooker, clothes drying rail, folding table and stools. Not big enough for preparing a roast dinner, but OK for accommodating tea and coffee, breakfast and light meals.
- A south facing patio with table and chairs with shared use of the garden with Vyners Cottage.
- Pressure washer for mountain bike wash down.
- Car port where bikes may be securely stored.
- Large secure parking area behind lockable gates.
- There is no access to the garage space which is used for storage.
- Long Compton is located midway between Oxford and Stratford and boasts a very good pub (the Red Lion), a Post Office and Country Delicatessen.
- Within 10-15 minutes drive are the villages of Chipping Norton, Stow-on-the-Wold, Moreton-in-Marsh and Whichford, and within 40 minutes drive are Stratford, Oxford, Warwick, and Cheltenham, all offering great shopping restaurants and things to do and see.
- The area is well provisioned with long and short distance country walks with many ways suitable for XC MTB.