UPPER FINLARIG COTTAGES
Sleeps: 4 +cot.
Low season £200 - £280 pw.
High season £280 - £450 pw.
Shorter breaks available.
Open all year.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01479 851209 or Mobile: 07747417121
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this map In a genuinely peaceful spot, high up overlooking the Cairngorm Mountains with outstanding views, are two separate cottages, surrounded by open fields, which have seen many guests returning for over 20 years now. They are situated half a mile above the small village of Dulnain Bridge, under ten minutes from the town of Grantown - on - Spey and close to Aviemore. One is a cosy old shepherd's cottage that has been renovated in keeping with its original character and the other, more modern and very comfortable, has been individually designed. Both have their own gardens, front and back, with a stream running below and wildlife all round, including deer, red squirrels and a wide variety of birds. They are well away from any main roads.
29 Nov, 6 Dec, 13 Dec, 20 Dec
Features and Facilities for both cottages:
- The cottages are close to all the facilities in Grantown, including shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as to the numerous sporting facilities in the area such as golf courses, river angling, tennis courts, cycling routes, swimming pools, watersports on Loch Morlich and Loch Insh etc. There is also a sports centre in Grantown. The area is ideal for children and families. Dulnain Bridge, itself, just down the hill, has two hotels, a restaurant and a Post Office. Aviemore is 15 minutes away.
- There are numerous walks straight out of the front door and within a short distance whether hill or forest, as well as bird watching opportunities, including the R.S.P.B. osprey centre at Boat of Garten. We ourselves put bird feeders out.
- The cottages are perfectly situated for winter sports, both skiing and snowboarding, being close to both Cairngorm and Lecht, therefore offering a choice during busy weekends.
- The Strathspey Steam Railway and the Cairngorm funicular railway are also very close, while Inverness and Loch Ness, the beaches at Nairn and Findhorn and Culloden Battlefield are all within easy reach.
- The Landmark adventure centre, the Highland Wildlife Park, the Folk Museum and the Reindeer Centre are all within the local area.
- Peaceful countryside location
- Enclosed private gardens
- Garden furniture
- Patio newer cottage
- Sun trap garden older cottage
- Pets welcome
- Private off-road parking
- All bed linen included free
- Double beds in each cottage
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Electric cooker
- Electric heating throughout
- Off-peak meter
- Washing machine
- Freeview TV
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing board
- Hotels, restaurants close by
- Grocery pack available
- Mobile phone reception generally excellent
- Ordnance Survey maps provided