Sleeps: 3 (+2 on sofabed).
Well behaved pets welcome.
Low season £235 pw.
High season £365 pw.
10% discount for 2 or more weeks.
For further details please contact:
Natasha de Chroustchoff
Tel: 01348 872080
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapRelax and unwind with birdsong and sea breezes in the tranquillity of our peaceful 'no-frills' cottage.
30 Jul, 20 Aug, 27 Aug
You can be assured of a warm welcome at Ty Rhost, a converted granary in the old farmyard of Cilshafe Fawr where we live. The cottage is completely self-contained and has its own sheltered garden within sight of the sea. The setting is secluded, amid fields, down a private lane. The Pembrokeshire coast path is only 15 minutes walk away and below the flower-strewn cliffs you can see nesting sea birds in spring, seal pups in autumn, porpoises and dolphins any time if you're lucky. The nearest shops, pubs and beaches are a short drive away or there's a regular bus service. Fishguard has a good rail service so it's also possible to have a car-free holiday here. We try to be environmentally friendly and to this end have recently installed photovoltaic panels on the cottage roof thus feeding electricity into the national grid and making your stay as economical as possible. The cottage is a favourite with walkers, birders and lovers of the open air and many have returned year on year.
As well as the coast path there are many less-frequented inland walking routes close by. During the summer there is a shuttle bus service which you can use to access out-of-way spots.There are lots of historic and prehistoric sites in the area, nature reserves and a sea-life centre, working artists and craftspeople, local music venues and festivals (folk and jazz), shops and markets selling locally-produced food, a wide variety of eating/drinking places, clean beaches and the opportunity to discover Welsh language and culture. There are maps and guides for you to use while here and if you wish we can supply information about your particular interests or to point you in the direction of rewarding places to visit.
The cottage is offered to rent weekly from Easter to October (short breaks only available as last minute bargains). Home-baked 'bara brith' tea bread can be ordered to await your arrival or we can purchase provisions at your request. You will need to bring bedlinen and towels unless you are using public transport or coming from abroad. We don't supply wood or coal for the stove but they can be bought at any local service station.
Ty Rhost is ideal for a couple or a small family and can sleep 5 at a pinch. It's comfortable without being luxurious, cosy without being cramped. Well away from the road, there's plenty of space for children to play safely. There is car parking beside the cottage and room on the lawn for a tent if you wish.
The accommodation consists of:
- small well-equipped kitchen with fridge, electric hob, double oven, microwave and washing machine;
- large sitting/dining room with multifuel stove, comfortable seating including a sofa bed;
- stairs straight up to bedroom with double and single beds, wardrobe and airing cupboard, leading to
- bathroom with bath, shower and loo.
- We can also supply on request a folding bed, cot, highchair, fireguard, and safety gate.
- Storage heaters in all rooms provide background warmth. Hot water is on a time switch. Electricity is metered and paid for separately at the end of your stay.
- No television is provided but there is a point and an aerial should you wish to bring one.
- The cottage contains lots of books as well as children's toys and games as well as local maps and guides.
- Outside are a garden seat, chairs, table and a barbecue.