Sleeps: 3 (+2 on sofabed).
Well behaved pets welcome.
Low season £220 pw.
High season £280 - £350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Natasha de Chroustchoff
Tel: 01348 872080
Reload this mapRelax and unwind with birdsong and sea breezes in the tranquility of our peaceful cottage! You can be assured of a warm welcome at Ty Rhost, a converted granary in the old farmyard of Cilshafe Fawr where we live. It is completely self-contained and has its own sheltered garden, with a glimpse of the sea. The setting is secluded, in farmland down a private lane. It is only 15 minutes walk from the Pembrokeshire coast path and the flower-strewn cliffs, where you can see nesting seabirds in spring and seal pups in autumn. The nearest shops and beaches are 2-3 miles away, a few minutes by car or by a regular bus, to Fishguard in one direction or towards Newport and Cardigan in the other. Fishguard has good railway links, so it's possible to have a car-free holiday at our cottage.
As well as the long-distance coast path there are many less-frequented inland walking routes close by. There is a shuttle bus service which you can use to access out-of-way spots. Bicycles can be hired locally. There are many historic and prehistoric sites in the area, plenty of wildlife, working artists and craftspeople, local music festivals and other cultural events, some good restaurants, interesting pubs, clean beaches and the opportunity to discover the Welsh language and history. We are happy to supply information about your particular interests or to point you in the direction of rewarding places to visit. The cottage has a wealth of local information about where to go.
The cottage is offered to rent weekly from Easter to October (with short breaks occasionally available as last minute bargains) and a home-baked 'bara brith' tea bread can be ordered to await your arrival.
Ty Rhost is ideal for a couple or a small family and can sleep 5 at a pinch. It's comfortable without being luxurious, cosy without being cramped. Well away from the road, there's plenty of space for children to play safely. There is car parking beside the cottage and room on the lawn for a tent if you wish.
The accommodation consists of:
- small well-equipped kitchen with fridge, electric hob, double oven, microwave and washing machine;
- large sitting/dining room with multifuel stove, comfortable seating including a sofa bed;
- stairs straight up to bedroom with double and single beds, wardrobe and airing cupboard, leading to
- bathroom with bath, shower and loo.
- We can also supply on request a folding bed, cot, highchair, fireguard, and safety gate.
- Storage heaters in all rooms provide background warmth. Hot water is on a time switch. Electricity is metered and paid for separately at the end of your stay.
- No television is provided but there is a point and an aerial should you wish to bring one.
- The cottage contains lots of books as well as children's toys and games as well as local maps and guides.
- Outside are a garden seat, chairs, table and a barbecue.