One well-behaved dog welcome (no charge).
Prices including heat and light:
Low season: £295 pw.
Mid season: £310 - £420 pw.
High season £550 pw.
Minimum stay 3 nights.
Prices also include: Wi-Fi, Internet, and UK landline calls (as on Owner website), sheets, towels and cleaning on departure.
For further details please contact:
Gareth and Mary Tuckwell
Tel: 01892 526325 or 07952477595
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis attractive 17th Century cottage is on the outskirts of a tiny village called Cwmystwyth. It is seventeen miles inland from Aberystwyth along a mountain road. The cottage is surrounded by beautiful scenery and is in excellent walking country.
25 Apr, 9 May, 16 May, 30 May
- The valley is one of the RSPB's successful breeding sites for red kites and there is fishing and pony trekking nearby.
- Sandy beaches are just over half an hour away and there is a narrow gauge railway from Devil's Bridge to Aberystwyth.
- The Ystwyth valley is one of the most beautiful in mid-Wales and there are glorious walks along by the river with spectacular waterfalls in wetter weather. The river is just three minutes walk from Ty Mari.
- Devil's Bridge Falls, three miles from the village is a famous tourist attraction.
- The cottage is cosy and extremely comfortable.
- A detached heated garden room has glorious views.
- Family games in front of the fire, or sitting in the window seat with a good book and red kites circling overhead soon recharge the batteries.
- Heating is night storage but the gas-burning stove makes the cottage warm enough even in deep winter and is lovely to sit around.
- The windows are double-glazed and furnishings are to a high standard.
- Downstairs there is one large room with a kitchen area along one wall, a large dining table in front of the picture window and a cosy living area around a stove. There is a 42" LCD TV, Sky and DVD player with plenty of DVDs to enjoy. There is a good selection of books, puzzles and games.
- The kitchen is well-equipped to include a washer/dryer. A four drawer freezer means fewer trips to the excellent Spar at Rhayader or Morrison's at Aberystwyth. A store nearby at Pontrhydygroes sells basic essentials.
- There are 3 bedrooms upstairs, one with a double bed, and two with twin beds. Duvets, pillows, blankets, sheets and towels are provided.
- If you require more bedrooms and a second bathroom, there is a sound-proofed connecting door to the adjoining cottage. When unlocked, you can enjoy two double bedrooms and three twin bedrooms with plenty of space for ten people. For details see Penroc and Ty Mari with Penroc.