TY MARI with PENROC
Sleeps: up to 10.
1 well-behaved dog, downstairs only please.
Low season: £550 pw.
Mid season: £810 pw.
High season: £950 pw.
Prices include: Wi-Fi, Landline UK phone calls evenings and weekends.
Underfloor heating in Penroc £20 extra pw.
For further details please contact:
Gareth and Mary Tuckwell
Tel: 01892 526325
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapTy Mari and Penroc have interconnecting doors to provide accommodation with two double and three twin bedrooms, two bathrooms and two very spacious living areas. Several of our guests rent both, even if their party is smaller, to provide separate living space for their teenagers! If you do so, we suggest Mum and Dad bag Penroc as the double bedroom is fabulous! For further photographs of interiors please see the individual cottage pages (click on the 2 links above).
17 May, 31 May
The cottages are at the end of a terrace of c.18th century cottages overlooking the Ystwyth river, with stunning views up and down the valley. The location best suits groups looking to "get away from it all" and who enjoy walking, bird-watching or relaxing in cosy comfort around the attractive stoves. There are beautiful beaches 35 minutes away (Borth) and many other places of interest worth a visit. Devil's Bridge, where there is a narrow-guage railway to Aberystwyth and fantastic waterfall, is only three miles away. Cycling, pony-trekking, fishing and canoeing are available for the more energetic, but even after 40 years we have not exhausted all the possible walks.
- Both cottages have one large living room downstairs, with the well-equipped kitchens situated along one wall.
- There is a stunning detached heated garden room for peace and quiet.
- Night storage heaters provide comfortable background heating and the gas stoves are lovely to sit around and mean the cottages are warm enough even on the coldest winter nights.
- Both cottages have window seats to enjoy the view.
- The doubled bedroom in Penroc has french doors onto a spacious balcony - a quiet area to sunbathe or eat your breakfast.
- There are two double beds (Vi-spring mattresses) and six twin beds (Ty Mari sleeps 6, Penroc sleeps 4).
- Both cottages have beamed bathrooms with heated towel rail and shaver point.
- A very high standard of furnishings throughout - these cottages are well-loved homes and we trust our guests to treat them with respect. There are also a good selection of DVD's, two flat-screen TVs with Sky FreeSat, games, puzzles and children's toys, in case the weather drives you indoors.
- Ty Mari has a washer/dryer. There are two upright freezers (one in each cottage) and the Spar in Rhayader is worth a stop on your journey through in order to stock these (the butcher in Rhayader is excellent too). There is a good Morrisons in Aberystwyth (25 mins) and a small store in Devil's Bridge for newspapers and essentials.