Tower Farm Holidays,
Sleeps: up to 10.
Cot and highchair available.
One dog permitted.
7 nights high season (Jul & Aug) £1200.
7 nights mid season (Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct) £1000.
7 nights low season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov, Dec) £850.
Weekend (3 nights) and Mid week (4 nights) £650.
Christmas & New Year £1500.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01368 864 782
Reload this mapTower Farm is situated close to the village of Cockburnspath on the east coast of the Scottish Borders with lovely views out to the sea and surrounding hills. This area is well known for its stunning coastline and award winning sandy beaches from East Lothian, through Berwickshire and into Northumberland.
There are two houses available for holiday lets at Tower Farm. Each has its own character and both have excellent public space making them ideal for groups and family gatherings. The houses have been furnished in such a way to give you a relaxed and comfortable feel so you can enjoy your time with family and friends. We like to say this is your home for the duration of your holiday.
Accommodation (click to view):
Farmhouse, sleeps up to 10
Catriona, sleeps up to 6
Red Gauntlet, sleeps up to 10 (details shown below)
Red Gauntlet - sleeps 10 comfortably
A beautiful red sandstone house (2001) with spacious rooms that will give you a relaxed, comfortable home for your holiday break. This house is ideal for adult groups because of the generous size of the bedrooms. Under floor heating throughout the house.
- Large modern kitchen with cooking range, microwave, dishwasher and fridge freezer with a table that seats 10 people and kitchen island for preparation.
- Utility room at back entrance with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Large, comfortable sitting room with TV, DVD, CD player and French windows with views towards the coast.
- Downstairs double bedroom.
- Shower room, toilet and wash hand basin.
- Welcoming spacious entrance and hall.
- Wheel chair access via utility room.
- 3 twin/double bedrooms - 1 room with views to the coast.
- 1 Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and stunning views to the Berwickshire coastline.
- 1 large family bathroom with separate shower and bath.
- Well maintained grassed garden area out to the back of the house accessed from the kitchen glass double doors and space out front from the sitting room.
- Barbecue area and outside table and chairs.
- Garage for storing bikes, golf clubs, surf boards and hanging space to dry items. Washing line in garden.
- Croquet for the garden.
Ample space for parking.
- Bed linen, towels, heating and electricity are included in the price.
- Check in time is from 4pm on day of arrival.
- Cots can be provided and child's high chair - must be pre booked.
- For golfers there is an area for practicing you shots - chipping and driving.
- One dog per house - must be house trained and sleep in the kitchen. Also, there are dog kennels across the road Pease Lye.
- No telephone available in the houses - though very good mobile phone reception.
- Check out time 10am on day of departure.
- Walking - the Southern Upland Way starts or finishes in Cockburnspath and passes by the farm. There is excellent low level walking in the Scottish Borders and East Lothian - John Muir Way (East Lothian), Sir Walter Scott Way (Scottish Borders) and St Cuthberts Way (Scottish Borders to Northumberland coast).
- Golf - East Lothian is famous for its quality golf courses. There are a number of quality links golf courses in the area (some championship hosts) - Dunbar, North Berwick West Links, Gullane, Muirfield, Luffness New, Longniddry, Kilspindie and Craigielaw.
- Edinburgh the capital city of Scotland - famous for its architecture and cultural festivals is only 50 minutes drive from the farm or 20 minutes by train from Dunbar station (8 miles from the farm).
- Diving and Surfing - the local beaches (Pease Bay, Coldingham, Whitesands, Belhaven Bay) and coastline (St Abbs and Dunbar) have a long standing reputation for good surfing and excellent diving. The first surf club in Scotland started from Pease Bay - a mile from the farm.
- Scottish Borders - famous for - Floors Castle - Abbeys in Kelso, Melrose, Jedburgh and Dryburgh. The River Tweed and salmon fishing. Common riding weeks, horseracing at Kelso.
- East Lothian - picturesque villages and towns - North Berwick, Gullane, Aberlady, Stenton, Gifford and Garvald. Scottish Sea Bird Centre. Glenkinckie Distillery, Belhaven Brewery and Concorde at the Museum of Flight.
- Northumberland - Berwick upon Tweed, Lindisfarne, Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle, Alnwick Castles and Gardens to explore.