Sleeps: 3 (+1 on full size pull out bed).
Low season £325 - £375 pw.
High season £375 - £450 pw.
Short breaks, from £70 minimum 2 nights.
NB: the week of September 20-29th 2014. This is the Ryder Cup and Junior Ryder cup both close to the Bothy, and I am offering an inclusive package, for £150 a night minimum 3 nights in the Bothy. I will be providing all the makings for breakfast and a choice of local produced ready meals over that period.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Joan Brookes
Reload this mapThe Bothy is a conversion of a small stone and timber barn set in the grounds of The Smithy near Dunkeld but completely private. Tombane is only five miles from Dunkeld on the Sma' Glen road which is one of the Old Wade Roads through Perthshire. This is an ideal area to be based for easy access to Perth, Edinburgh and further North.
Blair Castle with its wonderful gardens and the House of Bruar, The Harrods of the North, terrific shopping for all pockets, are just 30 minutes up the A9 from Dunkeld - great for a day out.
- The Bothy sleeps three either in a double (can be made into a twin bed) and a single room with a pull out for the extra child.
- There is storage for bikes and a hose for washing down.
- The Bothy faces South West looking across fields to hills, where if you are lucky you may see a Golden Eagle soaring.
- There are 54 acres to wander in, including 25 acres of mixed woodland.
- The main windows face South West opening on to a west-facing patio where you can sit and watch amazing sunsets and listen to the buzzards crying overhead, or the oystercatchers and curlew.
- If you walk along the Tombane Burn dippers can be seen bobbing in the water.
- You will find various maps and Natural History books for you to use, the owner lives in the neighbouring house.