THE WAIN HOUSE
Sleeps: 4 (+1 on sofabed).
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
M2 Mobility, H1 & V1 rating with the Tourist Board.
Low season £275 - £320 pw.
High season £320 - £550 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01981 580442
Reload this mapOriginally a horse drawn cart house The Wain House has recently been converted to four star holiday retreat. It sleeps 4 (+1 on sofa-bed + cot). This single storey stone barn conversion is set on 200acre working family farm. The Wain House has 2 bedrooms and a light and airy open plan living area. It is warm and comfortable with under-floor heating throughout and wood-burner in the living room. Being single storey and having flat tiled floor throughout it is suitable for elderly visitors and guests with reduced mobility and has gained level M2 Mobility rating from the Tourist Board. It also has H1 and V1 so is suitable for those with reduced hearing and sight.
- There is a fully fitted kitchen including dish-washer, washing machine, freezer and microwave as well as usual equipment of hob, oven, fridge, kettle, toaster etc.
- The open plan living area has full height vaulted ceiling with exposed oak beams. Oak double glazed French doors and full height windows on 2 sides of the living area offer views over open countryside and fishing lakes. The lounge has a wall mounted TV, DVD player and a selection of DVDs, books and games.
- The master bedroom has a 6ft luxury zip-and-link king sized bed which can be split into twin beds. There is also a wall mounted TV, large window and emergency exit door.
- The second bedroom has twin 3ft single beds which can be zip-and-linked together to give a 6ft king sized bed. Please advise required configuration when booking.
- Beds will be made up on arrival with pure Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Wet-room with shower, raised wc, shaving point with mirror, heated towel rail, fold down shower seat and alarm.
- 2 towels (bath and hand) per person are included in the price and kitchen and tea towels are also provided.
- Oil fired central heating is included in the price along with initial supply of logs.
- Suitable for the whole family with pets and children welcome.
- WiFi included.
Members of Visit England? 'Walkers Welcome' and 'Cyclists Welcome'.
- Access to a decked area is through the rear French doors from the open plan living area, where you will find furniture for outdoor dining and barbecue.
- From the decking there are gentle ramps either side leading around to the parking on one side and to the flat lawn with mature trees on the other.
- The garden is fully enclosed with 2 wooden pedestrian gates giving access to the parking.
- Undercover storage is provided for bikes etc.
- Private level parking for 2 vehicles.