TINTERN ABBEY COTTAGE
Travel cot and high chair on request.
Pets welcome: Housetrained Dogs, Cats, caged things, or horses at our stables 2 miles away.
We won the "Best Place to Stay" (Non Serviced small operator) 2010 at the Visit Wales National Tourism Awards.
We hold a Green Business Tourism Gold Award and Walkers and Cyclists awards.
Visit Wales: 5 star.
Price range: £350 - £1000 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Mrs F Wilton
Tel: 01600 860341
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOriginating from the 18th Century, a picture postcard pretty 18th century stone cottage totally refurbished and graded 5* in 2009. Now a smartly contemporary and deliciously comfortable holiday house it is directly across the road (but set back from the road and double glazed, so not noisy) from Tintern Abbey of which it has fantastic views.
29 Nov, 6 Dec, 13 Dec
- It sleeps 6 in three bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en suite), and has attractive facilities including a whirlpool bath, a range cooker, 37" TV, 4 more TVs in bedrooms and kitchen, WiFi and ipod docks.
- The styling is romantic for a couple celebrating a significant birthday or anniversary as well as suitable for family holidays.
- All three bedrooms have superking (6feet wide) beds which can become twins on request, two bathrooms with both baths and showers, a whirlpool in one of the bathrooms, a dinnerplate shower head in the other, a woodburner, fenced garden with furniture, parking.
- All mod cons from Wifi to a fully fitted kitchen with range cooker.
- A very full inventory including many extras, as well as comforting basics like double glazing, excellent insulation, and a green central heating system go without saying.
- There is a lockable store for your bikes or golf clubs.
- Directly adjoining the Wye Valley Walk, it is in the heart of the ancient conservation area of Tintern and there are several pubs, a couple of small cafes and three hotels in easy strolling distance - all offering food and several featuring local produce.
- The village even has a prizewinning vineyard!
- Also in the village are a craft centre and small shops.
- There's a bus stop at the bottom of our drive so you could walk along the wonderful Wye Valley or visit Chepstow Castle or Racecourse and get a bus back.