Isle of Arran
West coast of Scotland
Sleeps: 1 / 2.
Well behaved pets welcome.
7 nights: £295.
6 nights: £295.
5 nights: £235.
4 nights: £195.
3 nights: £155.
NB. Prices are plus £50 deposit for electricity used, payable with balance. Any surplus will be refunded on departure or asap thereafter.
For further details please go to our own website (click on website button below):
A small converted self-catering holiday cottage, retaining features of its past as a small traditional Scottish barn, it is ideal for singles or couples wanting a lovely secluded hideaway. Tim's Barn is backed by the gentle hills of the Monamore Glen and skirted by the flowing Monamore Burn, with only one adjacent cottage Croc.
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES
- Tims Barn is well equipped and is furnished to a high standard. Heating, if required, is by way of a log burning stove (logs supplied free of charge) and/or convector heater (see Tariff Guide).
- Pets with responsible owners are welcome, but please bring their own bedding and feeding bowls. It is requested that dogs are kept on leads within the grounds due to the free range hens which will hopefully provide you with fresh eggs for your breakfast (subject to hens being "in residence".)
- The picturesque village of Lamlash is about fifteen minutes walk away. The peaceful grounds contain a wide variety of wildlife including red squirrels, (there are no greys on Arran), pheasants and many varieties of smaller birds.
TERMS OF BOOKING
- Unique open plan design
- Lounge area with IKEA recliners and TV
- Dining area
- Fitted kitchen, includes, electric oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster, and ironing facilities
- Mezzanine sleeping deck with double bed
- Hand crafted iron spiral stair case
- Shower and WC with wash basin and electric shaver point
- Garden complete with patio table, chairs and parasol
- BBQ grill
- Internet access - WiFi
- Ample car parking space
- Electric heating
- Shed for bicycles
- Pets with responsible owners are welcome, but please bring their bedding and feeding bowls. It goes without saying that pets should be kept off furniture and beds and not left unsupervised in the cottage and grounds.
- Free range hens providing eggs (not in winter). Visitors may be asked if they would like to shut hens up at dusk and let out in the morning (and collect any eggs). Subject to hens being "in residence".
- Bed linen, towels, heating and electricity included in the price.
- All visitors are personally met by John with the key.
- 25% Deposit required to secure booking.
- Balance to be paid one month before holiday.
- The cottage is situated off the main Island road, in the beautiful Monamore Glen, which is on the outskirts of Lamlash, some three miles from the Brodick ferry terminal.
- Lamlash has several pubs overlooking Lamlash Bay which all serve meals.
- Shops include a small supermarket which is open long hours for groceries etc. There is also a chemist and newsagent in the village.
- Generations of visitors to the Isle of Arran have affectionately, given the island the name, 'Scotland in miniature' no doubt because of the great variety of landscapes and terrain on the island. Arran is arguably the most beautiful island in Europe, with its granite peaks and sweeping moorland, wooded glens and long sandy beaches, tumbling waterfalls, big skies and wide open seascapes. A long history and temperate climate makes Arran a holiday destination you will want to return to, time and again. We can personally vouch for the quality time that you will spend on this beautiful island.
- It is easy to get to the Island via the regular ferry service from Ardrossan to the island's main town, Brodick. It is strongly recommended that you book the ferry as early as possible during the summer if you are bringing a car to the island, as they do tend to get busy during the summer months.
- Visitors not bringing cars can use the Stagecoach bus that meets every sailing and will drop you off at the Ross Road.