THE ANNEXE - Tilery House
Chatton Park, Nr Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 5RA
Pets by arrangement.
Low season: £190 - £250 pw.
High season: £250 - £390 pw.
Short breaks from £150.
For further details please contact:
Roz or Gerald Dickinson
T: 01668 215295
M: 07799 884745
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapAccommodation
7 Dec, 28 Dec
The Annexe is a cosy well-appointed one-bedroomed apartment with stunning views overlooking the beautiful Cheviot hills and the picturesque village of Chatton. The property has been completely refurbished to a very high standard offering guests modern day comforts in a traditional setting. Easily accessible 5 miles from the A1.
In the locality guests can enjoy:
- Entrance Hall with hanging space for coats.
- Fully fitted kitchen with fridge, freezer, electric cooker, washing machine and microwave.
- Staircase leading to:
- Double bedroom.
- Bathroom with power shower.
- Living room with stunning views over the local village of Chatton and the beautiful Cheviot Hills.
- Double glazing and central heating.
- Digital television, DVD/video player, DAB radio and Wi-Fi.
- Linen and Egyptian Cotton towels provided.
- Hot water, heating and electricity are all included in the price.
- Private on site parking.
- South facing seating area with barbecue.
- Strictly non-smoking.
- Pets by arrangement.
Photos below show views of Chatton
- Miles of unspoilt golden beaches along the Northumbrian Coast.
- Alnwick Castle and its famous gardens.
- Bamburgh Castle, highly impressive ancestral home of the Armstrongs.
- The Northumberland National Park providing vast areas for walking and cycling (bikes available free of charge).
- Chillingham Castle, home to the unique Chillingham Wild Cattle.
- Farne Islands and Bass Rock bird sanctuaries.
- Holy Island (Lindisfarne) with its impressive 7th century Benedictine priory, Castle and Visitor Centre.
- The thriving local market town of Wooler is 5 miles away offering a good selection of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants.
- Edinburgh is easily accessible for a day out either by car or train from Berwick.
Guests can also enjoy:
Photo below: Grouse in the garden
- Cragside House and gardens, Rothbury - a firm favourite for all visitors to The Annexe.
- Many local golf courses including a selection of links courses.
- It is possible to rent tennis courts in Wooler on a daily basis.
- Fishing available on a private stretch of the Wooler Water (FOC) and at the local Chatton Trout Fishery, a short walk away.
- Barn at Beal Visitor and Birds of Prey Centre.
- Hill and river walks, fishing and cycling are all available from the doorstep.
- The Scottish Borders (12 miles).
- Chatton is only 1/2 mile away offering a post office, shop, church, and our local pub The Percy Arms.
- Throughout the area, there are many good country pubs and restaurants serving local food.
- More information on local attractions is available in The Annexe.
A lot of wildlife visits the garden (1.5 acres) last year - this included deer, boxing hares red squirrels and over 100 different birds. Many of the smaller ones including nut hatch, tree creepers, woodpeckers, tits & chaffinch feeding from the nuts & niger seeds at the living room window.
The Annexe is surrounded by some of the best preserved archaeological landscapes in the British isles. These include Neolithic cup and ring markings (4000-2000 BC), a 15 minute walk away. Extensive Bronze Age barrow cemeteries (e.g. Blaewearie; 2400-1500 BC), and Iron age hillforts such as the imposing double-ditched enclosure at Old Bewick (c.700-200 BC) only a 10 minute drive away.