Isle of Skye
Pets - STRICTLY BY ARRANGEMENT ONLY.
No Smoking Please.
Price range: £350 - £700 per wk.
Short breaks during low season, Nov-March.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01471 833365
Reload this mapTigh Dhomhnuill (Donald's House) is a detached traditional stone crofthouse built around 1890 and retains many of its original features. An extension has recently been added and it now has a large airy modern kitchen/dining/sitting area, downstairs bathroom with separate bath and shower. The downstairs bedroom has a kingsize bed and en suite facilities. This lovely cozy cottage now has two sitting areas which makes it the perfect holiday accommodation to relax and enjoy the truly beautiful location.
The cottage is warm and comfortable and sits in a great location beside the shore at the side of Camas Croise Bay. There are wonderful views from all rooms across the Sound of Sleat to the hills of Knoydart on the mainland. It stands in its own large garden (furniture and tiny stream) which is a veritable suntrap and ducks and hens sometimes wander in to lie under the trees.
A wide variety of birds can be seen in the bay and to the observant eye, an otter can also be seen.
Just a short walk from the hamlet of Isle Ornsay (award winning restaurant, pub, shop, whisky tasting centre), it is 15 miles south of the Skye Bridge, 9 miles south of Broadford (main shops, hotels, restaurants) and 8 miles north of Armadale where the car ferry comes in from Mallaig.
Ideally situated (for all age groups) - sightseeing, walking, boat trips or just lazing around and admiring the scenery while the children enjoy the shore.
- Heating is by oil central heating. The extension benefits from underfloor heating and has wood flooring.
- Bed linen is INCLUDED.
- Towels can be hired.
- Pets - STRICTLY BY ARRANGEMENT ONLY.
The cottage is furnished tastefully throughout.
- Sitting room with open fire and Sky TV/DVD player.
- Bedroom with Kingsize bed and en-suite shower room.
- Bathroom with bath and separate shower.
- Kitchen/Dining/Sitting area.
- Utility/Cloakroom with washing machine.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
Bookings are Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise stated - 4pm arrival day to 10am departure day.
- Fire blanket and extinquisher, smoke alarms.
- Vacuum cleaner, electric cooker with electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, electric kettle, iron and ironing board, cafetiere.
- Type of bedding: Duvets.