TIGH AN DUN
Isle of Skye
Sorry no pets, apart from assistance dogs.
Prices: £375 - £575 pw, all inclusive.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01471 822562
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis charming traditional 18th century cottage sits on the shore of Loch na Cairidh in the hamlet of Dunan on the Isle of Skye. From its spectacular location it overlooks the Isle of Scalpay with views of Raasay and Ben Tianavaig to the north. Its secluded position, well away from the road, makes it ideal for wildlife watching. Otters, seals, dolphins and white tailed sea eagles have all been seen from the house. Even whales have been known to pass by.
20 Sep, 27 Sep, 4 Oct
Shops, restaurants and medical facilities are five miles away in Broadford. Portree, which is the capital of the island, is twenty miles away to the north. The ferry to Raasay sails from Sconser, seven miles away on the Portree road (also the home of the Isle of Skye Golf Club). All the peninsulas of Skye are easily accessible by car from Tigh an Dun.
Due to the minimal light pollution, nine locations on Skye have been officially named "dark sky discovery sites". One of these is less than two miles from the cottage at Camus na Sgianadin. However, on a clear winter night it is worth looking out for the magical northern lights from Tigh an Dun itself.
- The cottage has been totally refurbished and became available for self-catering holidays at Easter 2013. It is well equipped and sleeps up to four people.
- All bed linen, towels and tea-towels are provided.
- Wi-fi internet access is available (although with somewhat limited connection speeds).
- The rental is all-inclusive of electricity and wood for the stove is freely available.
- The front garden is for the use of cottage tenants and leads directly onto the shore, where it is possible to launch small boats and kayaks. There is a picnic table and barbecue provided - here you can relax and enjoy the magnificent sunsets.
- The cottage is non-smoking throughout.
- The owners live in the modern annexe.
- Modern, well equipped kitchen opening into dining room, with wood-burning stove.
- Cosy, wood-lined sitting room with storage heater and electric stove. A television and dvd player are provided, plus a selection of books and games.
- Hallway and entrance porch with room for your outdoor gear.
- Bedroom with double bed.
- Bedroom with twin beds.
- Bathroom, comprising wc, wash hand basin and shower.
We offer a choice of payment methods including on-line credit cards. For more detailed information please visit our website (click on the "owner's website" button, above).
- Direct access to the shore.
- Private off road parking.
- Grassy paddock for ball games.