Sleeps: up to 7 +cot.
Sorry no pets (farming area).
STB: 3 Stars.
Price range £285 - £650 per wk.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Carol Seymour
Tel: 01786 870710
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThorntree is in the hills above Flanders Moss, midway between Loch Lomond, the Trossachs and Stirling, on the southern edge of the Highlands - ideal for a self catering holiday in Scotland. Carol and Mark Seymour who live in this old L-shaped farmhouse have converted one wing to make spacious self-catering rental accommodation which can sleep 6 or 7 persons in considerable comfort.
29 Aug, 12 Sep
Carol is a florist, and she and Mark have surrounded the farmhouse with lovely gardens of roses, lawns, flower beds and shrubs; gardens made extra special by the wonderful views over the Carse of Stirling towards the Trossachs and southern Highlands. In fact from the sitting room of the barn itself there are often spectacular panoramic sunsets behind 3300 foot Ben Lomond.
- There is a long and spacious room downstairs with windows on both sides.
- At one end is the living room, the other the kitchen with dining table.
- The kitchen has a cooker, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher.
- In the photograph the door on the left opens onto the gravel courtyard (where house martins nest under eaves in summer), and the french windows on the right open onto Thorntree Barn's own lawns (with garden seats), and give access to a private parking area.
There are three twin bedrooms (two of which can be arranged as a double beds). One bedroom has an en-suite shower room, the other two share a bathroom. There is also a separate WC. One bedroom has an extra full sized pull-down bed.
From Thorntree, Stirling and Doune Castles, and the Lake of Mentieth are only 15 minutes away, Edinburgh about an hour and Glasgow 45 minutes. In the living room there are plenty of reference and local guide books, and the Seymours are always happy to give advice about what to do in the area.
- Most of the rooms have antique furniture and all are furnished very comfortably.
Bed linen and towels are included in the price.
- Our prices include all Electricity and Heating costs as well as the provision of bed linen and towels. Our WiFi is also free.
- Sorry - because of the surrounding farmland no pets can be accommodated.