THE WHEEL HOUSE
Low Season: £325 - £375 per week.
High Season: £375 - £450 per week (including Xmas & New Year).
For further details please contact:
Tonia Riddell Martin
Tel: 01227 730292
Mobile: 07816 988322
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSpacious self contained half of listed 17th Century Manor House situated in farmland between Canterbury and Ashford. The Wheel House lies in an area of outstanding natural beauty, overlooking the North Downs and is the perfect spot for walkers and nature lovers.
7 Dec, 14 Dec, 21 Dec, 28 Dec, 4 Jan, 11 Jan
- Nearby is Godmersham Park where Jane Austen once lived and the attractive village of Wye with its selection of shops, restaurants and pubs.
- Ashford is 6 miles away, with good links to London (high speed train to St.Pancras 35 mins, Charing Cross/Victoria about 1.5 hours). Ashford International offers rail links to mainland Europe and the Channel Tunnel is 20 minutes.
- Many places of interest are near - Sissinghurst and Great Dixter gardens, Howletts and Port Lympne Wildlife Parks, Hever and Leeds Castles.
- The Owner lives next door.
Weekly lets begin Saturday and guests must vacate by 10am.
- The self catering unit has its own entrance and ample parking.
- Hallway leading to kitchen, living room and cloakroom. Staircase from living room leads to 2 bedrooms, a double and twin both en suite to bathroom.
- The house is tastefully furnished with attractive kitchen/diner (electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave). Use of laundry room in main house by arrangement.
- Living room has seating for 6-8 people, Freesat TV/dvd.
- Outside is a patio area with table/seating and magnificent views towards Crundale and Winchcombe Downs, set within mature gardens which guests may enjoy.
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Adjacent is the well house and 17th Century Donkey Wheel, reputedly the finest animal powered wheel of its type surviving in the country, last recorded as being used in 1923.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Gas central heating (winter supplement £35/week).
- Wireless internet.
Short breaks and other start days by arrangement.