THE WEST WING
The Mill House,
Low season £250 - £350 pw.
High season £400 - £600 pw.
Christmas and New Year POA.
For further details please contact:
Val or John Tuckwell
Tel: 01620 860833
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSet in a conservation area in beautiful grounds, this delightful property is just a short stroll from the Tyne riverbank which teems with wildlife including kingfishers, dippers and otters. Over 200 years old, the house was originally a miller's house attached to one of a string of 18th century mills along the river, one of which, the nearby Preston Mill, much loved by artists, has been restored and is open to the public. This area offers miles of quiet sandy beaches, an abundance of historic castles, and the Museum of Flight where Concorde is now on display. Nearby North Berwick houses the Scottish Seabird Centre and offers trips round the Bass Rock with its huge colony of gannets. For golfers, there are several world class courses to try out, while Edinburgh is within easy driving distance for a day's culture and shopping.
27 Aug, 10 Sep, 17 Sep
- Ground Floor: Porch, Hallway, Book-lined sitting-room with open fire (free logs), kitchen-dining room.
- First Floor: Master bedroom with kingsize bed; Double bedroom; Single bedroom; shower room with large shower, toilet, washbasin and bidet.
- Central heating throughout.
- WiFi / Broadband.
- Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture and bird table. Recent visitors have included woodpecker, tree-creeper and nuthatch.
- The attractive village of East Linton has a good range of shops including an award-winning butcher, baker, chemist, delicatessen, newsagent and a small, well-stocked Co-op.
- A fish van selling the freshest fish you could buy calls twice a week.
- North Berwick, Dunbar and Haddington all have large supermarkets and each is approximately 5 miles away.