THE RIVER HOUSE
29 Ford Road,
Sleeps: 4 (6 with sofa bed).
Travel cot available.
Pets welcome, max 2 at £15 pw.
Price range: £395pw - £595 pw.
Flexible weekend and mid week short breaks throughout the year from £260.
For further details please contact:
Mobile: 07849 792465
Home: 01903 713740
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe River House is located in the historic Cathedral town of Arundel. This picturesque market town spans the River Arun between the South Downs National Park and the Sussex coastline. Arundel is dominated by its Castle, one of the great treasure houses of England and is the seat of the Dukes of Norfolk. This charming terraced Victorian house makes a perfect retreat for those wanting to enjoy this old town, with its excellent variety of restaurants, pubs, bars, tea rooms, antique shops, and to explore the many attractions of Sussex and the South Coast. Riverside walks are only 2 minutes walk away, and beautiful unspoilt beaches just 4 miles drive.
The accommodation comprises:
- Entrance hall with door to a large living room with open log fire. Comfortable sofa (sofa bed) and chairs, digital TV, DVD and CD player. Range of CD's, DVD's, books and games.
- Central heating, WIFI internet available.
- Three steps down to a well equipped kitchen/dining room with all the necessary appliances and table and chairs.
- Modern ground floor bathroom with shower over pea shaped bath, WC and wash basin.
- Door from the kitchen leading to an enclosed lawned 200ft garden with a large paved secluded patio area at the bottom of the garden with table and chairs and BBQ, and another patio area with table and chairs at the top of the garden.
- Although there is no allocated parking, there is plenty of available street parking in the road outside the house.
- Bedroom 1: Twin bed room with wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside table.
- Bathroom: Large Victorian bathroom with free standing bath (shower attachment) toilet and wash basin. Views across horse field to the River Arun.
- Bedroom 2: Double aspect room with kingsize bed, wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside table and dressing table. Views across horse field to the River Arun.
Larger family groups catered for by booking:
- 8 minutes walk to the towns' many shops, restaurants and pubs.
- 2 minutes walk to the River Arun for walks along the riverbank.
- 8 minutes walk to Arundel Castle and the town quay for boat trips.
- 8 minutes walk (some uphill) to the Cathedral and Arundel Park grounds.
- 10 minutes walk to the open air Lido Swimming Pool, children's play area and 18 hole Putting Green.
- 15 minutes walk to The Wildfowl & Wetlands Centre and Swanbourne Lake with boat hire.
- 4 miles to the unspoilt Climping beach.
- 5 miles to Littlehampton's West beach (special scientific interest) and Littlehampton beach with Cinema and amusements.
- 10 minutes walk to the nearest Co-operative Supermarket.
- 15 minutes walk to Arundel mainline Railway Station with services to London Victoria (1 hour), Gatwick, Portsmouth and Brighton.
- 45 miles to Gatwick Airport.
- 2 minutes drive to the A27, giving great access to the South coast from Brighton to Portsmouth.
Walnut Tree Cottage and The Old Dairyat Patching - approximately 5 miles from Arundel.