THE OWL BARN
Sleeps: 2 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
Low season £220 pw.
High season £350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01946 861974
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Owl Barn is a lovely two-person holiday let at Hawes Farm. Set in quiet countryside, in a hollow with a stream, the farm stands on its own, along a no-through minor road. Sarah and Jon, who let the Owl Barn, live in the farmhouse and there is nobody else here. It is private and peaceful. There are walks from the door and the whole of the quiet North West side of the Lakes to explore.
21 Jan, 28 Jan, 4 Feb, 18 Feb
We take bookings arriving and departing any day. Book one day or twenty-one if you wish. Our prices (see the owner's noticeboard and the 52wk vacancy chart) are inclusive; heating, linen and towels. There are more pictures and lots of visitors' comments on our own website.
- The Owl Barn has its own private garden and front door. The interior is warm and comfortable. It has modern central heating, a well equipped kitchen and a good hot shower over a proper bath.
- There is a large comfortable living area, with wooden beams, views of the fells and an excellent wood-burning stove with a good supply of logs. Off the living area is a double bedroom (with the bathroom off the bedroom).
- We cannot receive terrestrial TV here, but there is a DVD / Blu-ray player and a large (ever increasing) selection of films. You can of course bring those DVDs you always meant to watch!
- Internet access: Free WiFi or bring a laptop, you are welcome to plug in the standard network cable in the Owl Barn - also free.
- We have off road parking, lockable storage for bikes and you are welcome to stroll in our fields, with stunning views of Ennerdale.
- There are pubs/restaurants locally with good food. Ennerdale Lake is five minutes by car or 30 minutes by footpath. We have lots route cards for local walks and lots of information about places to visit and things to do locally.
- Our own website (the link is above) has lots more photos from which you can get a really good idea of the cottage and its surroundings.