THE OLD POST OFFICE - HOUSE
The Old Post Office, Marloes, Nr Haverfordwest,
Pembrokeshire, SA62 3BE
Sleeps 10 + cot.
Sorry no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Price range: £500 - £1400 pw.
Pagelink: The Old Post Office - Annex (sleeps 2+)
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01646 636293 or 07810 773446
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA beautiful and surprisingly large property in the picturesque village of Marloes offering luxurious self-catering accommodation. A five bedroom holiday house or a spacious one-bedroom annex flat with private patio. Can be rented separately or together (see The Old Post Office Annex).
25 Jun, 2 Jul, 9 Jul
Marloes is situated on a spectacular peninsula surrounded by stunning, golden-sanded beaches and the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, offering superb walks.
- The house is surrounded to the rear and side by beautiful mature and secluded gardens.
- The downstairs is a large open plan area, with a huge kitchen leading into two lounge areas.
- The decor is contemporary with highest quality fittings.
- The snug (the inner lounge) has two sofas, a wood burning stove, oak coffee table, TV, video and music system with iPod attachment.
- The outer sitting room, has large sliding doors which lead onto the patio area, two leather armchairs and futon.
- The kitchen is fitted with a Raeburn oven, electric oven, gas hob with wok attachment, fridge freezer and dishwasher.
- A beautiful waxed terracotta tiled floor and solid oak table, which when fitted with two extra leaves, comfortably seats fourteen.
- A utility room - ideal for hanging out wetsuits or walking boots - is equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, belfast sink and wooden draining board.
- The large hall area has extensive hanging space for coats, a piano, and small library.
- Downstairs wc.
- On the first floor, there are four bedrooms, a bathroom (with shower and bath) in addition to a separate shower room.
- Two very large bedrooms two with king beds.
- One large bedroom with a double bed and two singles (ideal as a children's room).
- One smaller bedroom with small double bed.
- All rooms have shutters or Venetian blinds in addition to black-out blinds.
- Central heating, Internet Access, free national calls.
- Bed linen provided. Towels on request at extra charge.
- Off-road parking for 2/3 cars depending on size.
The house is ideal for one or two families, and is a popular long weekend getaway for a large group of friends.
- The coastal path is within minutes walking distance, giving access to two spectacular beaches, pictured above, Marloes Sands and Musslewick Bay.
- Skomer Island, a wildlife haven for rare birds and seals is accessible from nearby Martins Haven.
- Marloes village has a Pub/Restaurant, Cafe/Bistro, Shop/Post Office and a play park for children.
- Nearby activities include swimming, surfing, sailing, kayaking, climbing, horse-riding, diving, cycling and walking.
- A variety of day trips include the historical city of St Davids passing through the idyllic Solva village and harbor, Narberth market town and Tenby.
- Many activities for the younger visitors: local seal/bird spotting, a day trip to Folly Farm or Oakwood adventure park.