THE OLD PIGSTY
Strawbridges Farm, Churchstanton, Taunton,
Somerset, TA3 7DP
Sorry, no pets.
Visit England: 4 Star.
Low season £275 - £375 pw.
High season £375 - £575 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01823 602916 or 07736 429842
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Old Pigsty is set in a tranquil location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at Churchstanton in the Blackdown Hills, close to the Somerset Devon border and yet only six miles from Taunton. The Old Pigsty has been used as self-contained holiday accommodation since April 2002 and been rated as 4 Stars by Visit England (the English Tourist Board).
14 Dec, 21 Dec, 28 Dec, 4 Jan, 11 Jan, 18 Jan
- The Old Pigsty offers most attractive studio style accommodation, therefore, is ideal for couples.
- Tastefully furnished, very well equipped and with the benefit of its own terrace; it makes an ideal base for touring and relaxation.
- There are excellent nearby walks and cycle routes; and riding and golf are available locally.
- As well as the Blackdown Hills, the Quantock Hills are 12 miles away.
- Exmoor, the North and South Coasts, Dartmoor and the Eden Project in Cornwall are all recommended for day trips.
- The nearby West Somerset Railway with its steam train rides through the beautiful countryside to Minehead is a very popular attraction.
- There is stabling on site and it is possible to bring your horses to stay with you.
- The barn is located in, and accessed through, the owners' pretty rear garden via seven small steps which lead to the entrance. There is ample space for parking with off-road parking.
- The accommodation is on one floor with original beams and a ceramic tiled floor and comprises a lounge/dining room and well equipped kitchen.
- There are two radiators in the studio.
- There is a double bed and French doors opening onto the patio area.
- Inside the shower room there is a double size shower cubicle, toilet and hand basin.
- The property benefits from central heating with constant hot water.
- All fuel, electricity, bed linen and towels are included.
- A laundry service is available by arrangement with the owner.
- Also provided are a TV with radio and microwave (in addition to a modern electric cooker).
- Water is supplied from the owners' fresh water springs.
- Eggs from the owners' free range hens are an ideal option for meals.
- The courtyard garden and patio area has its own furniture and is perfect for relaxing in the evening sun.