THE OLD MILL
11 Lanark Rd West,
Sleeps: 4 (+2 on a sofabed).
Cot and highchair available on request.
Pets welcome by arrangement.
WiFi and ISDN broadband included.
Price range: £450 - £730 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0131 449 7377 or 07880643640
Reload this mapOur charming 18th century converted mill set on the banks of a small river with surrounding woodland makes for the perfect relaxing break. This idyllic rural getaway is just 5 km from Edinburgh city centre and on a regular direct bus service.
- The Old Mill, with its coved ceilings, is tastefully decorated with a blend of chic contemporary decor and homely comfort furnishings, stylish original art.
- We offer all modern facilities (dishwasher, laundry facilities, flat screen Smart TV with freeview, microwave, fridge, freezer, oven etc) and WIFI throughout.
- There are 2 bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) plus a sofa bed which sleeps 2. Enjoy a heavenly night's sleep as you sink into the luxurious linen from Hilden.
- The open plan kitchen / diner and a separate sitting room with French windows leads out to a private patio and BBQ on the banks of the river where you can try your hand at fishing!
- The stone tiled shower room with quality products will leave you feeling pampered and rejuvenated.
- The old village of Juniper Green is a stone's throw away (300m along a wooded path) where there are pubs, restaurants, local shops and an excellent deli. Walking further (1.5hrs) along this well-surfaced picturesque path will take you right into the heart of Edinburgh where you can explore this magnificent capital. You can hire bikes nearby to cycle direct from, the Old Mill into the city centre or alternatively stay closer to home, exploring the surrounding woodlands and hills. We are on the edge of the Pentland Hills and so there are wonderful walks for all levels - stretching out from the garden gate.
- The Old Mill is easily accessible for train and air, and being close to the Edinburgh Ring Road it's the perfect base to explore the array of attractions that Scotland's capital has to offer! Not to mention the Highlands to the North over the Forth Road Bridge to Fife and Perthshire or south to the rural Borders.
- If you can think of anything else that to make your stay even more perfect - please just ask and we will do what we can to help We can offer many extras to make your visit really special, such as - a fresh locally sourced breakfast basket with morning paper, a pre arrival shopping service where we can advise you on the best seasonal produce available from artisan local providers or perhaps a birthday cake with all the trimmings. Just ask and we will try to help.
If you would like to experience a genuine hidden gem on the outskirts of Edinburgh we would love to welcome you.