Well behaved pets welcome by prior arrangement.
Weekly charge £500.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01856 831260
Reload this mapSurrounded by 40 acres of rough grazing and heather the Head is situated on one of the most beautiful vantage points in South Ronaldsay. With open views over the sea and farmland and a secluded sandy beach a stones throw from the bottom of the garden, the location is exceptional.
- The headland around the cottage is home to an abundance of wild flowers and breeding birds throughout the spring and summer.
- The cottage was completely renovated to a high standard in 2009.
- The patio area is perfect for enjoying a meal or a drink and the views.
- The property has central heating but the stove in the sitting room can be lit in cooler evenings.
- Sitting room with multi fuel stove, television with free view, DVD player.
- Fully fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, gas cooker, microwave.
- Dining area in kitchen and sitting room.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Boiler room with space to dry clothes.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom with TV.
- Single bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath.
- Wet room.
- Entrance with ramp.
- Walled garden with patio area.
- Drying green.
- Oil central heating.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Pets are welcome but dogs must be kept under control as sheep are kept in the surrounding fields.
Photo below: Killer whales seen in the bay July 2012
- The Head is a ten minute drive from the village of St Margaret's Hope where the Pentland Ferries catamaran, Pentalina, arrives from Gills Bay three times a day.
- The village also has shops, post office and restaurants.
- A twenty minute drive takes you across the Churchill Barriers, past the Italian Chapel to Kirkwall where you can take a ferry to the outer islands or drive on to see the world famous Skara Brae and Ness of Brodgar.
- Kirkwall, Orkney's main town, has banks, supermarkets, swimming pool, fitness centre, etc and is home to the St Magnus Cathedral.