Photo: Photo of the Glebe looking out Garderhouse Voe.
Sleeps: 4 + cot.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Scotland: 3 Star.
Price range: £390 - £480 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Beryl Fraser
Reload this mapPhotos below:
Meadows below the cottage, with Shetland ponies (left)
Aerial view of the Glebe and surroundings (right).
The Glebe is a traditional Shetland cottage that has recently been refurbished. It is situated next to a beach in a quiet, rural location with good coastal walks nearby.
Kitchen, with rayburn, electric cooker, microwave etc. (left).
Double bedroom (right).
Photo on right:
Living room, opens out to garden.
- The cottage sleeps four, in a double and twin bedroom.
- There is a separate living room and kitchen, with one bathroom and a large porch.
- The living room opens out onto a patio in the spacious garden with great panoramic views out to sea.
After a busy day of exploring the huge variety of sights and activities that Shetland has to offer, you will appreciate coming home to this peaceful and cosy cottage.
- The Glebe is a great base for spotting wildlife; otters are seen regularly on the beach and in the burn below the cottage. The beach also attracts seals and a large variety of birds can be seen at all times of the year.
- Situated in a central position, the Glebe is ideal for exploring Shetland. The town of Lerwick has shops, pubs and restaurants and is a 25 minute drive from the cottage. With Bixter just a 10 minute drive away and Walls and Aith 15 minutes, you are in easy reach of local shops. Bixter has petrol pumps whilst cafes are open in Walls and Aith through the summer months.