THE BATTERY HOUSE
Sorry no pets.
Low season £250 pw.
Mid season £380 pw.
High season £480 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07900 551444
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapNestled in spectacular deciduous woodland abounding in wild life and on the banks of the River Duisk, on the edge of Kildonan Estate, The Battery House is the perfect base from which to explore the Galloway wilderness and Dark Skies, the delights of the Solway Firth as well as the rugged South Ayrshire coastline.
Sleeping up to five people, relax as you savour the surrounding woodland brimming in season with snowdrops, daffodils and bluebells and spectacular autumn colours. Soak up the exotic sound and fragrance of the enchanting woodland as you explore the River Duisk, the village of Barrhill and the surrounding areas.
- The cottage is light and spacious, comfortable, well-equipped and all on one level.
- It comprises open-plan living and dining areas with adjoining kitchen. There are two double bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room, a single bedroom, a large family bathroom with power shower, additional WC and utility room with washing machine and drier.
- The house is fully centrally heated and the living-room has a cavernous multi-fuel stove which is great to gather around after a day's exploring.
- Bed-linen, towels and initial basket of peat and logs included.
- Satellite TV, CD & DVD players, and an ample supply of books.
- Free WiFi.
- The adjacent courtyard provides excellent off-road parking and the secluded south-facing terrace in the beautiful gardens to the front of the courtyard is a perfect place to relax, picnic or barbecue whilst listening to the musicality of the woodland birdsong or watching for red squirrels.
- Barrhill was originally the last sheltered settlement for cattle being driven between Ayrshire and the uplands of Galloway. It is known for its Covenanting connections; the famous Martyrs' Tomb is a short stroll from the centre of the village.
- The Battery House is a pleasant half a mile stroll from the village which has a shop, pub and railway station with regular services to Stranraer, Ayr and Glasgow.
- Whether to engage in rambling, hill-walking, fishing or bird-watching, or if you crave a peaceful rest in a glorious and little-visited part of Ayrshire, the Battery House is an ideal home-from-home that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.