THE BATTERY HOUSE
Near Glen Trool
and Newton Stewart,
South Ayrshire /
Dumfries & Galloway border
One well behaved dog.
Low season £280 pw.
Mid season £375 pw.
High season £525 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07900 551444
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapNestled in the spectacular woodland policies of Kildonan Estate, Battery House is the perfect base from which to explore the rugged Galloway Forest Dark Sky Park, the beautiful Solway and South Ayrshire coastline and the many historic towns, castles and gardens in this diverse area.
This character house has been carefully and sympathetically upgraded and furnished to enhance the preserve the period style. Featuring impressive Arts and Crafts stained glass windows and lofty ceilings, the layout has been planned to ensure guests the best possible holiday base. All accommodation is on one level, with single step access, and comprises:
- Open-plan living and dining areas with direct access to suntrap courtyard seating area and adjoining well equipped kitchen.
- There are two double bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room, a single bedroom, a large family bathroom with power shower, additional WC and utility room with washing machine and drier.
- The house is fully centrally heated and the living-room has a cavernous multi-fuel stove which is great to gather around after a day's exploring.
- Quality cotton bed-linen, towels, initial basket of peat and logs and generous welcome basket provided.
- Satellite TV, CD & DVD players, and an ample supply of books and board games.
- Free WiFi.
- The adjacent courtyard provides excellent off-road parking and the secluded south-facing terrace in the beautiful gardens to the front of the courtyard is a perfect place to relax, whilst listening to the musicality of the woodland birdsong or watching for red squirrels.
- Barrhill is in the ancient district of Carrick, situated 12 miles south east of Girvan, 8 miles from Newton Stewart and a short drive from Glen Trool - the heart of the Galloway Hills. It is also famous for its Covenanting connections and the famous Martyrs' Tomb is nearby. The village has a local shop, pub serving food at weekends, bowling green and an excellent free childrens' adventure play-park.
- There is also a railway station with regular services to Stranraer, Ayr, Kilmarnock and Glasgow.
- Whether to engage in golfing, mountain biking on world class routes, hill-walking, fishing or bird-watching, or if you simply crave a peaceful rest in a glorious and little-visited part of Ayrshire, the Battery House is an ideal home that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.