THE BARTON COTTAGE
8 Staples Hill,
Somerset / Wiltshire Border
Sorry no children or pets.
Regret no smoking.
Visit Britain: 3 Stars.
Members of B.A.S.C.A.
Low season £220 - £280 pw.
High season £280 - £350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mr and Mrs J.L.Foster
Tel: 01761 431026
Reload this mapWelcome to The Barton Cottage (featured in Somerset Life Magazine), a 17th Century former Weavers Cottage situated in small hamlet on the outskirts of the Conservation Village of Freshford (Freshford has a railway station; flag-down trains). Within Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and commanding magnificent uninterrupted valley views, approx 6 miles from the World Heritage City of Bath, 4 miles from the Saxon town of Bradford-on-Avon.
We have sympathetically renovated our cosy little south facing Cottage, confident you will be captivated with its atmosphere/location.
Electricity, logs, bed linen, towels included in rental charges. Personally managed, good standard maintained.
- Comfortable throughout.
- Good sized sitting/dining room, original exposed oak beam, original stone fireplace, log burning stove.
- Galley kitchen (Belfast sink).
- Double bedroom.
- Good sized bathroom.
- Radiators throughout Cottage.
- Constant hot water.
- Ample parking space.
- Colourful gardens, garden furniture.
Short breaks available.
Reason to visit:
- Cosy cottage appeal (log fires spring /autumn / winter).
- Beautiful countryside (bluebells in Spring, glorious colour throughout the year).
- History of area (dating back to before the Conquest); canal travel, viaducts, aqueducts.
- Visit nearby historic City of Bath (Spa), Roman Baths, Abbey, Museums, Georgian Crescents and architecture, boating, shopping, and much more - visit its new Spa complex and bathe in the natural thermal waters - a unique experience in the UK, or indulge in its therapies and treatments.
- Visit nearby Saxon Bradford-on-Avon, and Somerset / Wiltshire towns and villages.
- Cotswolds / Wells / Glastonbury / Cheddar Gorge / Somerset levels (King Arthur legend) within easy reach.
- National Trust properties / musuems.
- Visit Stonehenge / Avebury.
- Wiltshire Crop Circles.
- The list is endless - enjoy Somerset / Wiltshire.
- Just retreat enjoy tranquillity / atmosphere or walk, ride and explore.