Norbury, Nr Bishop's Castle, Shropshire, SY9 5DX
Sorry no pets.
Low season £300 pw.
High season £350 pw.
Change over day Saturday but can be flexible.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Gail James
Tel: 01588 650159
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSet in the midst of a farming community in a conservation area and AONB in the stunning South Shropshire countryside, The Barns offers a temporary respite from the stress of modern living.
The holiday accommodation at The Barns is part of a range of former agricultural buildings, with the owners occupying one wing of the L-shaped building, and the holiday accommodation forming the other wing with its own entrance and small separate garden.
- Norbury is a small hamlet lying between the Stiperstones ridge to the north and west, and the Long Mynd to the east. It is ideally situated for walkers and cyclists who wish to enjoy the many quiet lanes, footpaths, bridleways and tracks.
- There are several long distance footpaths in the area, amongst them the Shropshire Way (which can be accessed from the end of the drive), Offa's Dyke Path, and the Kerry Ridgeway. The Bishop's Castle Ring provides a circular walk of some 60 miles for those with real ambition and five days to spare (drop off & pick up can be arranged).
- The brave can try hang gliding, or glider flights from the Long Mynd; ornithologists will appreciate the regular sightings of red kites, buzzards, lapwings and curlews on the surrounding hills, and anglers are well served by fisheries in the area.
- There are two pubs within a couple of miles (we can arrange to collect you if you walk there) and we are only four miles from Bishop's Castle with its range of interesting shops, pubs (two with their own breweries), and places to eat.
Attractions in the area include Stokesay (EH) and Powis (NT) Castles, Acton Scott Historic Farm, Secret Hills Discovery Centre, Cardingmill Valley and the Long Mynd (NT), and Bury Ditches iron age fort.
- Full central heating when appropriate.
- Fully equipped kitchen /diner (washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer, cooker with 4 rings, grill and oven).
- One double bedroom with king size bed and one twin bedroom.
- Sitting room with supplementary electric fire, TV (freeview), DVD player, radio/CD player, local information, maps and games.
- Bathroom with bath and integrated shower.
- Wi-fi/broadband available.
- Patio garden with furniture and BBQ.
- Parking and covered storage for bikes.
- All the accommodation is at ground floor level.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Kitchen essentials such as salt, pepper, oil, vinegar and enough tea and coffee to start your stay are always present, as are kitchen roll, foil, dishwasher tablets and toilet paper.
- Slightly further afield are Ludlow (15 miles) and Shrewsbury (18 miles) both with castles and a large number of listed buildings, museums and galleries. They also have cinemas, theatres and a good range of places to eat.
- Attingham Park (NT) and Wroxeter Roman City (EH) are some 20 miles and Ironbridge Gorge, the birthplace of the industrial revolution, with its range of museums is about 30 miles.