THE BARD'S COTTAGE
Isle of Skye
Pets by prior agreement.
Low season: £350 - £450 pw.
High season: £500 - £600 pw.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis traditional Skye croft cottage stands overlooking Camustianavaig Bay with the crags of Ben Tianavaig rising immediately behind it. The views across the Sound of Raasay to Raasay, Pabay, the Red Cuilin and stretching as far as the Sisters of Kintail are breath-taking.
8 Oct, 15 Oct, 29 Oct, 5 Nov
- The cottage has been completely renovated to a high standard, with emphasis on maximizing the ever-changing southern light and the spectacular outlook.
- The kitchen is well-equipped with microwave, gas hobs, electric oven, dishwasher and fridge with small freezer compartment. The utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- There are two sleeping areas each with a double bed as well as a sofa bed in the main living area which could sleep another two if needed. There is also a foldable cot in the house.
- Peaceful and secluded, the cottage is part of the small crofting community of Camustianavaig which lies three miles to the south of Portree, with its restaurants, bars, shops and the Aros centre with its local theatre, music, arts etc.
- Sea eagles and golden eagles nest on the crags by the cottage and otters, dolphins, seals and basking sharks visit the bay.
- Within the cottage, which is open-plan, there are at both gable-ends wood, coal or peat-burning fires.