THE ARD HOLIDAY COTTAGE
Isle of Lewis,
Photo: View from the kitchen and living room.
Sorry no pets.
VisitScotland: 4 Star.
Low season £350 - £450 pw.
High season £500 - £650 pw.
2, 3 or 4 night bookings also available during low season.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01851 612 205
Reload this mapThe Ard is a luxurious cottage on the captivating island of Great Bernera situated in the Outer Hebrides off the West Coast of Scotland. It offers a setting in which to relax and appreciate the tranquility of island atmosphere and is only 5 mins from the beautiful beach of Bosta, which sites a reconstructed, fully working Iron Age house and a Marcus Vergette art installation, The Time and Tide bell.
Photo: Bosta Beach
The Ard has been designed with the comfort of guests in mind. It is both spacious and well equipped and is the perfect choice for couples or families wanting to 'get away from it all' and explore the wild and beautiful islands of the Outer Hebrides.
Photo: Little Bernera
Photo: Bernera Bridge
- Kitchen: Fully fitted kitchen in oak, with washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, kettle and fridge. The kitchen and living room are open plan with a spectacular view out to sea.
- Living Room: Bright, comfortable living room, 32" Samsung LCD T.V. with Sky HD, Nintendo Wii and games, blueray DVD player and DVDs, selection of board games, books, aga wood burning stove and payphone. Patio doors leading out to a large decked area with table and chairs leaving you to enjoy the day and night time views.
- Double En-Suite Bedroom: King Size bed with Kaymed Spinal Support mattress, fitted wardrobes, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table, stool and mirror, tv with access to Sky, radio alarm and hairdryer.
- Tiled ensuite with enclosed shower cubicle, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail. Toiletries also supplied.
- Bathroom: Toilet, wash handbasin, heated towel rail and Whirlpool bath (8 base jets, 5 side jets, 6 back jets, 2 reflexology foot jets and 7 colours). A directional flow valve allows you to isolate various jets to help relaxation and focus in on certain problematic areas of the body.
- Twin bedroom: 2 single beds with Kaymed Spinal Support mattresses, fitted wardrobe, bedside table and lamp.
Whatever you want in a holiday we are here to help.
- The Ard is situated in the village of Breaclete which is the main settlement on the island. Breaclete is home to a small museum, mini-mart and off licence, school, a post office, church, community centre with café, petrol station, fire station, doctor's surgery and children's playpark.
- Wildlife is part of day to day life here. It is common to encounter a Golden Eagle soaring overhead, a salmon leaping, or a magnificent stag by the side of the road. If you are lucky enough to take a trip round the surrounding islands on a boat you will see a vast array of sea life. Common seals are often off shore visitors.
- If you enjoy spending time outdoors, we have 4 bikes available so you can explore the island keeping fit at the same time. We also have fishing rods and can direct you to local lochs where you may be lucky enough to catch a fish or two.