11 THE APOSTLES
Isle of Arran,
Sleeps: 4 Including one (full size) single built in platform bed (suitable for a child).
2 well behaved pets by prior arrangement.
Price range: £385 - £575 pw.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapEnjoy a seaside holiday in a pretty traditional cottage known as 'The Twelve Apostles', just a few yards from the beach and nestling beneath dramatic mountains, in the tiny village of Catacol. Each of these historically famous fishermen's cottages has a different upper window so that when the men were at sea, their wives could light a candle and each man would know which house was signalling.
25 Feb, 4 Mar, 11 Mar
No 11 The Apostles is a much photographed and iconic island landmark which has been beautifully refurbished to provide all modern comforts yet still retains its original charm and character. Guests can enjoy fantastic sea views from the cottage and garden across the Kilbrannan Sound and Kintyre.
The cottage is ideal for walkers, golfers and wildlife enthusiasts, or for those who simply wish to relax in front of the log-burning stove and nod off to the sound of the sea. It provides a wonderful base from which to explore both the spectacular coastal and mountainous location in the immediate area (part of the National Scenic Area of North Arran) together with the rest of the island.
- A comfortable lounge with fantastic sea views from your armchair, stone fireplace, wood burner and oak floors. TV with Freesat, CD and DVD players.
- A modern kitchen/diner with well-equipped utility room with space to store outdoor gear. Ideal for returning from walks with the dogs, golf or a day sightseeing.
- A double bedroom enjoying far reaching views out to sea, a single bedroom and a box room with built in (full size) single platform bed (ideal for a child).
- The bathroom has a slate floor and plenty of light, bath with electric shower over.
- There is a pretty enclosed front garden with seating to savour the magnificent views of the shoreline and spectacular sunsets of the Kilbrannan Sound.
- Linen and towels provided.
- High chair.
- During the winter a starter pack of logs are included.