THE HOUSE AT THE BEACH
3 Lorne Square,
Sleeps: 8 (+2) +cot.
One dog by arrangement.
STB: 3 Stars.
Low season £820 pw.
Mid season £1250 pw.
High season £1595 pw.
New Year £1695.
Low and Mid Season discounts given for bookings of 4 or less people on weekly bookings.
Nightly from £110 for two people.
Extra people £25 pp. Min 2 nights.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Janet McMillan
Tel: 07868 735895
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe House at the Beach - the name says it all - a Victorian town house in a lovely quiet position situated right on the West Bay at North Berwick. From most of the spacious rooms in the house there are panoramic views across the sea to the small islands and the Fife Coast beyond.
10 Sep, 17 Sep, 24 Sep
- The house has 4 double bedrooms, 2 en-suite, and sleeps 8 (+2).
- Accommodation includes large family bathroom and separate cloakroom with toilet / wash handbasin.
- The lovely sitting room has a large bay window seat to take advantage of the stunning beach and sea views.
- The house is situated on a private road and has private parking.
- There is a small enclosed shared garden..
Our Victorian town house is in a lovely position situated right on the West Bay at North Berwick. From most of the spacious rooms in the house there are panoramic views across the sea to the small islands and the Fife Coast beyond. Sit on the window seat and watch the world go by, or your children playing on the beach!
- The Sitting Room - A Lovely bright room with a large bay window with stunning views out to sea. Enclosed modern feature flame gas fire. TV, Digibox, DVD player, CD/Radio. WiFi. Board games.
- The Dining Room - A classic cosy dining room with double doors through to the sitting room. Dining table seats eight comfortably. One high chair and bookcase full of children's books and toys.
- The Kitchen - Fully equipped modern light kitchen with all appliances for a comfortable stay. Includes range type cooker, food processor, juicer, microwave etc. fridge, fridgefreezer, Miele Dishwasher. CD/Radio. Dining table seats 6 comfortably. View of Berwick Law.
- Bedroom 1 - Double bedroom or twin beds if you prefer,with fantastic views across the bay,with en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 2 - Twin bedded room with fantastic views across the bay.
- Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom or twin beds if you prefer, with en-suite shower room and again fantastic views across the bay.
- Bedroom 4 - Large family room with one double bed, one single bed and trundle, cot can be added. Views of Berwick Law.
- Family Bathroom - Large bright bathroom with big modern bath with shower over. Miele washing machine and tumble drier.
- Large downstairs cloakroom with toilet and wash handbasin.
- Gas central heating and feature flame gas fire.
- Bed linen and towels included in rental. Bathrobes included in weekly rental - can be hired for short breaks.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, fridgefreezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, colour TV, music centre.
- Extras: Gas and electricity by meter reading.
- 1 cot available + 1 high chair.
- A short walk - less than 3 minutes - will bring you to two sandy beaches - the famous East and West beaches, and also the quaint old fishing harbour. From here boat trips regularly take visitors out to Bass Rock.
- North Berwick is a charming, small, traditional coastal town with a harbour and excellent sandy beaches.The traditional high street - 3 minutes walk - has excellent local shops, galleries, coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and takeaways.
- Leisure facilities, include a sports centre with swimming pool, park with trampolines, putting greens, petanque and tennis courts. There is also a large safe, tidally filled paddling pool on the beach by the Seabird Centre. Fabulous beach walks from the town are a favourite pastime, the coastal scenery is stunning in both directions, especially Yellowcraigs beach and Fidra Island to the west, and the amazing volcanic island of Bass Rock offshore to the east.
- There are 3 golf courses in North Berwick; the West links, The Glen and the children's course, an ideal facility for youngsters to learn the game. Adults may play the course too, but only if accompanied by a child!
- There are a further 18 golf courses available nearby. Only 10 minutes drive to the Open Championship course at Muirfield and Gullane.
- Edinburgh the capital, with its historic Castle is only half an hour away by train from the town and 20 miles by road.
- Other primary attractions are sailing, fishing,cycling, scuba diving, bird watching and the award winning Scottish Seabird Centre where you can watch the birds, including puffins on camera, or get closer to them by taking a boat trip around Bass Rock. Also nearby are The Museum of Flight with Concorde and castles at Dirleton and Tantallon.