Sleeps: 4 - 6.
Dog by arrangement
(£15 pw for dog).
ETC: 4 Stars.
Low season £375 - £475 pw.
Mid season £425 - £525 pw.
High season £500 - £600 pw.
£100 deposit for each week booked, the balance 6 weeks before arrival.
For further details please contact:
John Goose or Minty Landeryou
Burntwood End, Little Walden, Saffron Walden,
Essex CB10 1XE
Tel: 01799 523202
Mobile: 07703 218071
or Email link below (preferred)
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Barn is part of the ground floor of the converted granary of Burntwood End Farmhouse, a Grade 2 listed timber framed building dating from the 16th century, where the owners live. The conversion was sympathetically carried out to provide comfortable accommodation with all facilities for short holidays or longer stays of up to a month. The kitchen and bathroom have been refurbished recently.
20 Jun, 27 Jun
LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION!
Burntwood End is very quietly situated in rolling countryside about 1 mile from Little Walden, in grounds of about 3 acres including a small lake which attracts a variety of wildlife.
The accommodation provides:
The Barn thus provides a secluded and tranquil retreat yet has easy access to the picturesque market town of Saffron Walden (about 3 miles), the historic university city of Cambridge (about 12 miles), the important horse racing town of Newmarket and the interesting Suffolk wool towns, such as Lavenham, or Constable country.
- Large living/dining room with TV, DVD, radio/CD player. WiFi.
- 1 Bedroom with double bed.
- 1 Bedroom with bunk beds.
- Large well equipped kitchen with fridgefreezer, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave.
- Shower room.
- Garden with sun trap patio, garden furniture and barbecue.
- All linen, hot water and heating included.
- There is ample parking.
- A well behaved dog is welcome by arrangement (£20 pw).
- An additional large bedroom with ensuite bathroom available from March 2015, has been added, making accommodation for up to six people.
The aircraft museum at Duxford, with flying days throughout the summer, is nearby. Audley End mainline rail station to London (60 minutes) is about 8 miles away.
There are a number of interesting walks in the area including Fleam Dyke and the Icknield Way. Little Walden itself is a pleasant walk from Burntwood End and has an excellent pub serving good food and has a jazz night on Wednesday evenings.