Sleeps: 4 +cot
Pets by arrangement.
WTB: 3 Stars.
Low season from £150 pw.
Mid season £200 - £240 pw.
High season £300 - £350 pw.
Short Breaks available Nov/ March or at other times if available at short notice. Will discount for couples using only one bedroom.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01686 640296
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA peaceful haven in this busy world, nestled in the rolling Mid-Wales countryside, Tanyffridd overlooks fields and woods. The detached 18th century traditional wood framed cottage is set in spacious lawned gardens. Tastefully renovated, and comfortably refurbished, the property retains many of its original features.
The cottage has:
- Lounge with an inglenook fire place and TV, separated from the attractive dining area by oak beams.
- Three bedrooms: Two double bedrooms (one with washbasin) and one twin bedroom.
- Downstairs is the bathroom with shower.
- The kitchen/diner is fully equipped with electric cooker, microwave, fridgefreezer and automatic washing machine.
- Heating is provided by storage heaters throughout the property and a log fire in the lounge (logs available at extra charge).
The location of the cottage makes it ideal for those wishing to tour Wales and the Borders, including interesting market towns, where local attractions include Powys, Montgomery and Dolforwyn Castles. Other local activities include a trip on the Welshpool and the Llanfair Light Railway. Visit Lake Vyrnwy, Llyn Clwedog, Bala Lake and the Elan Valley - all of which have breathtaking scenery.
- Electricity is metered and charged as used.
- Pets are acceptable by arrangement.
- Bed linen is provided and beds are made up for your arrival. Please bring your own towels.
- Parking in private layby adjacent to cottage. Steps down to cottage.
The recently restored Montgomery/Shropshire Canal passes through nearby Berriew, one of the area's most picturesque villages. The canal and its towpath are a haven for wildlife. Visit the many nature reserves managed by the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust, also excellent RSPB sites available locally. Situated on the fringes of the protected Red Kite country. Some excellent garden centres and private gardens are available, for the green fingered!