Sleeps: 7 + 1
(4 adults, 4 children).
Pets welcome under control (sheep surround the property).
Low season £450 pw.
High season £700 pw.
Included in the price; electricity, a starter pack of fuel, linen but not towels. Various rowing boats and fishing equipment can be borrowed.
Short breaks available from £100 per night.
For further details please contact:
Caerau Uchaf, Sarnau, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7LG
Tel: 01678 530493
Look at our website for more pictures and details.
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapTai-Isaf is a secluded farmhouse set in the rugged countryside of North Wales. Access is mainly restricted to four-wheel drive vehicles (one is provided at a nominal rent). The surroundings are stunning with acres of our own hill, moor and woodland to roam from the doorstep.
15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar, 5 Apr, 12 Apr, 19 Apr
Coarse fishing, canoeing / boating / windsurfing are available on the private 18 acre lake. We are happy to help with basic equipment. The nearest pub is a 4 mile hike and the town of Bala is 5 miles away.
On the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, Bala has its famous lake and the white water rafting. centre of the Treweryn. The attractions, castles and gardens are too numerous to list here but a drawer full of leaflets in the cottage should help. The immediate surroundings are a major draw and many people return time and again just to be able to walk straight out into this rugged landscape.
The cottage itself is surprisingly spacious, it is very old with many original features. Upstairs now has fitted carpets but downstairs it is all rough slate floors and a rug. It has more the feel of a Gamekeepers Bothy and we keep it deliberately that way. In the Winter, take off muddy gear in the Bootroom and warm up by the woodburner.
- There are 3 bedrooms comprising 1 double room, 1 double plus single bed, 1 twin room.
- Downstairs is the kitchen/dining room with all you need including a dishwasher.
- The sitting room is spacious and rustic with a woodburning stove, TV, Video and DVD.
- The boot room has a washing machine and tumble drier.
- There is an electric power shower downstairs. Large bathroom upstairs.
- Electricity, central heating and linen are provided free of charge.
- Turn off the A494 at Sarnau, 4 miles West of Bala. You travel steeply uphill about a mile before crossing a cattle-grid to drop down to Caerau Uchaf. From here there is a stunning view down towards Bala Lake. This is from where nearly all the pictures in the press or on postcards of the lake and surrounding mountains are taken, The Berwyn's The Arenigs, Cadir Idris and of course Snowdon.
- Caerau Uchaf is our house and where we meet you to take you to Tai Isaf. You will swap to one of our rough and ready 4x4s unless you have brought your own. The Cottage is about a mile further on.
- Just beyond our turning the tarmac runs out and you are on private land. This belongs to the family so you are free to make use of it.
- Passing through the gate you look down onto quite a large lake in the most unspoilt setting, surrounded by hills and woods, sheep and beef cattle. The land spreads West for about 2 miles and at the furthest and highest point is the Roman Fort. There are Flint Age remains and a Stone Circle on route and on the highest ridge you can look around 360 degrees all the way there.
- The track drops down past Tyn Llyn, the cottage by the lake and winds down the valley of Cwm main to Tai Isaf passing the waterfall.
- Tai Isaf is an old farm surrounded by rather dilapidated farm buildings. There are no neighbours near-by, just woods and fields of sheep and wildlife including Owls and now Red Kite, Buzzards, Badgers and Foxes.
Toby and Stephanie live on the farm and will look after your stay. We are sure you will love the area as much as we do - to find out more call us or email us now.