1 Dee Bank Road,
Sleeps 8 +cot.
Pets welcome if well behaved
STB: 3 Stars.
£220 - £580 per wk.
For further information please contact:
Tel:0131 447 1055
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPhoto right:
7 Dec, 14 Dec
View of Ballater Village about 100 yds from our cottage.
Wonderful holiday cottage of character, 100 years old. Conveniently situated in Ballater village which is nestled amongst pine forests in the Cairngorm Mountains. The picturesque River Dee runs a hundred yards or so from the cottage.
This is a superb location for walking, fishing, cycling, skiing and golf. There is a superb leisure club about 1 mile away with swimming pool. Membership can be purchased on a weekly basis.
This property includes Wi-Fi.
The price includes:
- The cottage provides a high standard of accommodation for up to 8 people.
- The master bedroom has a four poster bed with liberty fabrics and an open fire. There are a further 3 comfortable twin rooms.
- The lounge is cosy with an open fire. There is a TV and VCR with a selection of popular films in our video library. Guests can now enjoy Smart TV with its web based facilities including i-player, concerts, BBC sport and much more. Netflix is also included which gives access to thousands of films and TV programs.
- The kitchen has a "cottagey" atmosphere and is well equipped with dishwasher, washing machine, microwave etc.
- The garden is secure and has views to the nearby hills and forests.There is a patio with barbecue.
The cottage is easy to find in Deebank Road. Deebank Road is a small road which runs up the side of The Alexandra Hotel on Bridge Street (the main street). We are at the Aberdeen end of the village, handy for the superb local Butcher (who supplies Balmoral), Baker and Newsagent.
- Fuel for the central heating system.
- Bed linen is provided but not towels and dishcloths.
- A starter bucket of coal is present - as most of our guests enjoy the ambience created by an open fire.
From the Visitors Book:
"Beautiful well equipped cottage. Wonderful walks and places to visit."
"Excellent. Could not fault anything. Will return again."
"Thanks so much. This was perfect for us and our children. Thanks especially for the books, videos etc."
"What can I say but thank you, thank you, thank you. Your cottage is clean, cosy and comfortable. Ta!"
'Young at Heart' Fraserburgh.
"Beautiful part of Scotland. Your house is lovely. We hope to return someday."
Out and About
- There are many local walks including Craigendarroch Hill and the Seven Bridges Walk, which follows the River Dee. More challenging walks include Loch Muick, Lochnagar and the Linn of Dee. Many people walk Lochnagar on the shortest night and watch the sun rise from the top - a memorable experience.
- We are surrounded by wonderful scenery and wildlife. Deer roam on the nearby hills and birdlife includes Capercaillie, Scottish Crossbills, Red Kites and even possible is a site of the Golden Eagle.
- Nearby attractions include Balmoral Castle, Drum Castle and Crathes Castle. The Lochnagar and Glenlivet distilleries are just two of many which welcome visitors. Archeolink is an award winning prehistoric park about 40 minutes drive from the cottage.
- Aberdeen is less than 1 hours drive away. It is a granite university city with attractions such as The Stratosphere Science Museum and the Maritime Museum. There are large shops including John Lewis, Marks and Spencer, and Costco.