SURPRISE VIEW COTTAGES
Sleeps up to 8 +cot.
Pets welcome by arrangement.
ETC: 4 and 5 stars.
Low: £310 - £750 pw.
High: £530 - £1,300 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Ruth Wass,
Tel: 01751 431345
Reload this mapPhoto right: Field Barn Cottage
These barn conversion cottages and farmhouse are nestled on a farmstead within the North York Moors National Park (Heartbeat country) at the lower end of Farndale, famous for its wild daffodils. They are fully equipped and warm with high quality furnishings and fabrics - comfort is the keyword!
The cottages are an excellent base for walking, cycling and touring, being only 25 miles from York and the East Coast resorts. They have historic castles, abbeys and churches on their doorstep, as well as major attractions like Castle Howard, the North York Moors historic steam railway at Pickering, and Flamingoland all only a short drive away. Drive through the bustling market towns of Helmsley or Malton, and the spectacular Yorkshire Dales and Wolds are only 1 hour's drive.
- They have full oil-fired central heating and open fires, log-burners or living flame gas fires. Original beams, stone walls and old brick features give warmth and character to welcoming cottages.
- Each cottage has washing machine, full oven and hob; (Lowna Farmhouse also has an Aga!) microwave, dishwasher, flat-screen TV, DVD, radio, CD player and payphone. The farmhouse has a phone and all cottages have free WiFi access.
- All linen and towels are provided and all heating and fuel is included in the rent.
- Surprise View Cottage has a south-facing paved patio area bordered by flower troughs; this is beside the Old Mill stream, and a small fenced lawn area which gives access to fields, woods and footpaths.
- Field Barn cottage is just up the hill from the farm and has spectacular views of moors and valleys.
- Lowna Farmhouse (photo on right) is a lovely 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom traditional farm house renovated to a high standard throughout. It looks south down the meandering valley of the tiny River Dove and has a peaceful sun-drenched, enclosed garden.
- Both cottages have good parking for two cars; the farmhouse for three cars.
- We've saved the best till last; we've renewed a giant waterwheel on the mill race to generate all the electricity for the farmhouse and cottages. With the help of the North York Moors National Park Authority's Sustainable Development Fund, we are cutting our carbon footprint and GOING GREEN in a big way!.