2 Stybarrow Terrace,
Sleeps: 2 - 6.
Sorry no pets and no smoking.
Weekly price: £375 - £700.
Short breaks: from £295.
Please see our noticeboard below for details.
For further details please contact:
Christine Kenyon, or John Varley
Tel: 017684 82155
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapStybarrow Cottage is a lovely traditional Lakeland cottage which was built at the end of the 19th century as a miner's cottage. It has been lovingly refurbished to provide comfortable accommodation from which you can explore the spectacular scenery of the Lake District National Park.
10 Dec, 17 Dec, 7 Jan, 14 Jan
The cottage sleeps up to six people in comfort.
Ullswater and the surrounding area
- The open plan ground floor accommodation comprises a kitchen, dining room and comfortable lounge, so even if it's your turn to cook you can still join in the chat! There is a traditional coal fire which operates the central heating and provides a warm welcome home after a day on the fells.
- An open wooden staircase leads to the first floor where there is one double bedroom, one twin bedded room, a bathroom, a separate shower room and a second toilet.
- The top floor is the best room in the cottage - a double bedroom and lounge area with a large window giving superb views of Place Fell and Keldas.
- There is a small garden with garden furniture so that you can sit outside and enjoy the mountain scenery.
- The new kitchen is well equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine and a good range of kitchen equipment. The cottage has a flatscreen TV with Freesat programmes and a DVD player, mini hi-fi, ironing board and iron, some games and plenty of info and books about the local area.
- Bed linen is provided and there are no additional charges for electricity or fuel.
- The cottage has Free WiFi.
- Off road parking for one car.
Ullswater is the second largest lake in the Lake District - and we think it is the most beautiful. The lake is just 5 minutes' walk from Stybarrow Cottage and has steamer services, boat hire, fishing and lakeshore strolls.
The backdrop to Ullswater are the majestic fells of the Helvellyn and High Street Ranges which offer superb walking, climbing and biking. There are also excellent woodland and valley walks.
The villages of Glenridding and Patterdale cater well for visitors to the area. There is a good choice of pubs, cafes and village shops, a post office, garage, medical centre, internet access, children's playground and a National Park Information Centre.