Pets very welcome.
Price range: £384 - £620 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01449 710032 or 07810 371218
Stour Barn is just one of our lovely Holiday Barns which together make up Woodfarm Barns in the wooded meadow beside The Granary and Woodfarm House. These gorgeous Barns are one price band down from The Granary so represent great value.
- All the barns sleep 2 adults, plus toddlers and our flagship 500 year-old thatched Woodfarm House Sleeps 7, plus toddlers. You can see them all on our website.
- Stour Barn is 'dog-friendly' with a private, enclosed garden, as are all of our cosy, romantic cottages. We normally accept one or two dogs but we're happy to discuss another with you. We even leave a dog treat as well as a delicious local breakfast basket for the humans!
- Stour Barn is in the style of an old coach house and is all on the ground floor, making it perfect for those who want a cottage without stairs.
- The Barns nestle into the mature trees around the pond and waterfall to create a peaceful little environment to relax in.
- Each Barn has its own enclosed garden area with a patio, BBQ and seating for eating outside and there is also a lovely communal decked area overlooking the pond for when you feel sociable or just want to enjoy the sunset.
Stour Barn - named after the River Stour which winds its way through the nearby Suffolk villages down to the sea, is a traditional style Suffolk barn with black weatherboarding and massive Oak trusses, beams and oak flooring.
- The Meadow is down a pretty country lane just outside the little Suffolk village of Stonham Aspal.
- There are lovely walks and cycling straight from the Barns and the pretty Suffolk Coast is just 30 minutes away.
Stour Barn accommodation
The other Barns in this meadow are Alde, Deben, Gipping and Orwell: all named after nearby Suffolk Rivers. The Granary is in its own gardens adjacent to Woodfarm Barns and our beautiful thatched farmhouse, Woodfarm House is next to that, again with its own parking and gardens.
- You enter into a spacious farmhouse style kitchen/ lounge/ diner with a comfortable sofa and pretty antique farm table next to the stable door entrance so that in fine weather you can open up the door for a lovely airy start to the day.
- The fully equipped kitchen is well laid out with ample work surface, a kitchen Range cooker, Belfast sink, microwave and fridge.
- The room has a high vaulted ceiling with impressive Oak beams and trusses giving it a spacious atmosphere which is beautifully lit up in the evening by the 'clear-view' log burning fire.
- Like all the cottages at Woodfarm Barns there is a TV/DVD/CD player and ipod docking station and FREE bicycles are provided.
- The kitchen area leads through to a cosy en-suite bedroom with a 'bedknobs & broomsticks' style bed, built-in wardrobe and high vaulted, beamed ceiling; the en-suite bathroom has a good sized shower.
- There is a separate barn with laundry facilities.
- Because of the enclosed garden and oak floors we are happy to accept pets in this lovely Barn.
There is ample off road parking.