2 STONEWORK COTTAGES
Rye Harbour Road,
Sorry, no pets.
Prices frozen at 2012 level:
Low season: £380 pw.
Mid season: £415 pw.
High season: £485 pw.
Please see calendar for short breaks.
For further details please contact:
Katy Humphreys and Richard Monk
Tel: 01342 841625 (day)
Tel: 01737 769168 (evening)
Mobile: 07971 702973
Reload this mapWelcome to 2 Stonework Cottages; a cosy, well-equipped 2 bedroomed Victorian terraced cottage situated on the edge of Rye Harbour nature reserve. The ancient town of Rye is only 2 miles away.
The cottage features:
- Our comfortable cottage provides a homely base from which to explore the diverse area of South East England, whether you are looking for history, watersports, walking, cycling, birdwatching, arts and crafts, antiques, finding a nice pub for dinner or just sitting by the river watching people.
- The river 'Point' is 5 minutes walk, the beach is perhaps 10 minutes.
- Since the village nature reserve has been expanded and designated as a Site of Special Scientific interest the staff and volunteers offer a variety of activities for all ages to get the best from your visit, including guided tours of Camber Castle.
- 2 village pubs serve food and the Bosun's Bite cafe offers good value breakfast and lunch. The church and well-stocked village shop welcome visitors.
- A regular bus service takes you to Rye town's historic cobbled streets, antique shops and restaurants. There is an excellent Tourist Information Office in Lion Street, Rye, near the lovely St. Mary's church. A safe cycle lane is now in place from the village to the town, Rye Hire offers bicycles for hire, well worth it as the terrain outside the local towns is generally flat.
- There is an active community of local artists and photographers in Rye Harbour village and Rye town.
- Our other local historic town, Winchelsea is 10 minutes by car, while the popular resort of Camber sands takes 15 minutes by car. Romney Marsh and Dungeness, with its old lighthouse, the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch light railway and the first-formed RSPB site are just a little further.
- Ashford Eurostar station is 20 minutes by train eastwards from Rye.
- Historic Hastings, home to the largest remaining fishing fleet launched from the beach, boasting fine fishing net huts, is 20 minutes to the west by train.
- Brighton is accessible by train or road.
What we cannot do:
- Ground Floor: Lounge with woodburning stove (some logs provided), dining room, kitchen, shower room/wc.
- Upstairs: 1 double bedroom, 1 roomy twin bedroom with 3ft beds.
- As there is no gas in the village the cottage is equipped with electric hob and oven. Also provided are microwave, toaster, fridge and washing machine.
- Colour TV with freeview & DVD player.
- Electricity and heating included in the price.
- Bed linen and towels are included in price.
- Seating area in rear yard.
- No smoking in the cottage please.
- We cannot cater for children under 3 years as the stairs are a little steep.
- We cannot accommodate pets.