Sleeps: 4 (+ sofabed).
Pets by prior arrangement.
VisitScotland: 3 star.
Low Season £320 - £395 pw.
High Season £470 - £555 pw.
For further details please contact:
The Drife family
Tel: 01864 504217
Beautifully situated in the Duneaton Valley on the edge of the Southern Uplands, Stonehill Cottage is the perfect haven for a relaxing break. On a working farm, the cottage is on land designated as a site of Special Scientific Interest which sustains a wealth of interesting bird and wildlife habitats. We are members of the Green Tourism Scheme and have been awarded their Silver Award.
- Our spacious cottage is furnished in a contemporary style, is equipped to a high standard for up to six guests and features a south-facing conservatory with panoramic views of the valley.
- There is a fully enclosed garden with a patio area to the rear, garden furniture and a barbecue.
- The accommodation comprises: 1 large double and 1 twin bedroom, lounge with wood burning stove and double sofa bed, conservatory, large kitchen / dining room, utility room with separate wc, bathroom with shower over bath.
- The cottage is centrally heated.
- Bed linen, towels and electricity are included in the cost.
- The cottage is only 8 miles from the M74 and so provides an ideal touring base for exploring Central Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow are around an hours drive.
- There are also plenty of local tourist attractions including:
- New Lanark Conservation Village (A World Heritage Centre).
- Wanlockhead Lead Mining Museum.
- Drumlanrig Castle.
- The Biggar Museums.
- Outdoor activities available include golf, fishing, cycling, bird-watching and walking.
- Walkers can enjoy nearby access to the Southern Upland Way, Tinto Hill or plenty of easy walks from the farm.
Short Breaks are available at certain times, please contact us for details.We look forward to welcoming you soon.