9 Ashen Road,
Suffolk Essex Cambridgeshire Borders
Sleeps: 4 (+2 on sofabed).
Travel cot available.
Sorry no pets.
Enjoy England: 4 Star.
Low season from £375 pw.
Mid season from £450 pw.
High season from £475 pw.
Short breaks from £250.
Discount for couples.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Lesley Wisbey
Tel: 01787 237837 or 07944 817254
Fax: 01787 852010
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA charming end of terrace cottage is set in the pretty village of Stoke-by-Clare on the Suffolk/Essex borders offering guests a very comfortable and relaxing stay. Stoke Cottage is ideally located for exploring this beautiful part of East Anglia which is famous for the filming of the TV show Lovejoy, many of the local pubs were used in the filming, the antique shops in Long Medford were a focal point of the series. As you enter the front door you step back in time, the cottage is approximately 250 years old and boasts a wealth of original features including ceiling and wall beams, flagstone flooring and an open fire, it has a wonderful ambiance.
3 May, 24 May
This cottage would be ideal for families or couples alike, it sleeps up to 6, with a King size bed in the master bedroom, a single bed with a trundle bed in the second bedroom and a comfortable sofa bed in the lounge.
A very warm welcome awaits you.Accommodation
- Lounge: Flag stone flooring and a rug, comfortable sofa bed, armchairs, dining table and 6 chairs, (4 pine + 2 folding + high chair is also available if required). Flat screen TV, DVD, Welsh Dresser with a CD and selection of books, board games and toys. Laura Ashley curtains, cushions and accessories.
- Kitchen: New cream Shaker Style kitchen with new gas cooker, washing machine, dishwasher and a large fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, iron and iron board together with cutlery, crockery etc.
- Door to garden room, leads out into the garden.
- Garden: Newly landscaped garden including a patio area and furniture, the new fence around the garden not only gives guests privacy but also allows children to play safely, both gates have bolts the garden shed which can be used for storing bikes. There is off road parking for one car and further parking on a quiet road for a second.
- First floor: The stairs are accessable from the lounge by a door, which prevents small children from gaining access to the stairs. At the top of the stairs to your right are two bedrooms, (for the safety of guests with small children a stair gate will be installed at the top of the stairs before you arrive).
- Master bedroom: Tastefully decorated including Laura Ashley fabrics, there is a very comfortable wrought iron King size bed with a sprung coil mattress, pine wardrobe with drawers and a bedside cabinets.
- Second bedroom: Decorated using Laura Ashley fabrics this bedroom can sleep two children or two adults. There is a pine wardrobe with drawers and a bedside cabinet. A travel cot is available if required.
- Bathroom: Opposite the bedrooms is a bright spacious bathroom with a new white suite, the bath is a large shower bath with a power shower. On the landing is the airing cupboard which houses the hot water tank.
- We provide guests with a welcome pack on arrival and we do not charge extra for WiFi.
- Every effort has been made to ensure guests have a comfortable stay.
- The property is centrally heated with the addition of the open fire for those cosy nights in.
- The property is situated on a quiet lane just off the main High Street in Stoke by Clare and is perfectly placed for visiting Clare, Long Medford, Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, there are over 40 attractions in the area, from stately homes to castles and nostalgic steam train rides, the Leisure Centre at Haverhill 5 miles away has indoor swimming pool and a fitness gym and sauna, there is something for everyone.
- London is just an hour train ride away leaving from Audley End.
- Tourist information is available in the cottage.
- For families there is also a play area for the children just 300 meters away, for the adults there is a really nice country pub serving traditional meals and beers just 100 meters away and next to it is the local village store for fresh milk and bread.