Sleeps: 2 - 4.
Price range: £295 - £495 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Shelagh Potts
Tel: 016977 47433
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapStanegate Cottage was a former cow byre converted from a small farmstead on the edge of the village of Greenhead. The cottage is stone built, single storey with a living room/kitchen, two bedrooms and shower room, having a courtyard and parking space to the front and a patio overlooking the local golf course to the rear. However there is no enclosed garden.
25 Feb, 4 Mar
- The village is positioned in the central, most interesting section of Hadrian's Wall country within easy reach of Housesteads, Vindolanda, Steel Rigg, Birdoswald but is also convenient for visiting other areas of Northumberland, The Lake District, Scottish Borders and Weardale and County Durham.
- This area is perfect for a walking holiday or to discover the fascinating history of Northumberland. From the cottage you will have uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside and you are just minutes away from Hadrian's Wall.
- Our part of the county is situated in The Dark Sky Park of Northumberland, so why not enjoy star-gazing and even book a visit to the Kielder Observatory for a very enjoyable evening.
- Greenhead has an excellent pub for a drink or meal and also holds a thriving Farmers Market on the 2nd Sunday of every month.
- The accommodation is heated by oil central heating but there is a wood burner in the living room with a plentiful supply of logs if you enjoy a "real fire"!
- Sky Freeview TV, DVD and radio/CD player all provided as well as abundant books, magazines and tourist information.
- The kitchen area has gas cooker, microwave, larder fridge and all the china, glassware and cooking utensils you may need to make meals. A welcome pack is there for your arrival.
- The hallway leads to the shower room with WC, washbasin and large shower cubicle, and two bedrooms. The double bedroom has a king size double bed with twin beds in the other bedroom. Both have plenty of storage and attractive bed linen and towels and wonderful views from the windows.
- Stanegate Cottage can accommodate up to 4 guests comfortably and you are welcome to bring your "well behaved" dog.