STABLES HOLIDAY COTTAGE
Sleeps: 4 (+2 on luxury sofa bed).
Low season £288 - £420 pw.
High season £357 - £921 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Maryanne Lafferty
Tel: 01258 817022
Reload this mapStables Holiday Cottage is a lovely, cosy and dog friendly holiday cottage set in the very heart of the famous Thomas Hardy's 'Wessex' - the picturesque Dorset countryside close to Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire. The central location making it ideal for enjoying a family touring holiday for days out to places like Stonehenge, Glastonbury Tor, Clarkes Village shopping centre, Monkey World, Durdle Dor on the Jurassic Coast and many, many other exciting places. It is also an excellent walking and cycling area.
- This highly recommended country cottage is located on a little farm set midway between two lovely rural villages of Hazelbury Bryan and Kings Stag close to the old market town of Sturminster Newton near Blandford Forum.
- This year we are offering 'Couples' (parties of 2) a special 20% discount on our normal weekly rates during the 2013 high season. See our cottage website for other special offers/deals.
The holiday cottage is a single storey annex attached to the owner's Victorian farmhouse and, historically, the building was used as stables and milking parlour. Shops and pubs are available within a mile and there are many other pubs and restaurants in the surrounding area serving great food and offering outdoor eating/children's play areas. Most are dog friendly.
All on ground floor:
- Wi-Fi/Broadband internet access.
- Electricity*, Central Heating*, Hypoallergenic bed linen and towels included. Cotbed (0-5yrs). Electric Blankets. H/chair.
- Luxury Fitted Kitchen with Electric cooker, integrated Dishwasher, Washer/drier, Fridge and Freezer.
- Private patio with furniture.
- Large Garden. BBQ. Summerhouse. Parking.
- Pets are welcome.
- Family/Dining room/Kitchen with French doors to patio and garden.
- 1 Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with toilet.
- Second bedroom with 2 single beds and en-suite shower room with toilet.
- Luxury bed settee (double size mattress and with electric blanket) in family room.
- Separate family bathroom complete with luxurious Hydrotherapy Spa bath with colour changing mood lights.
- The farm holding has sheep, ducks and poultry, and guests are welcome to walk around the field pathways to visit them, but dogs must be kept on a lead or under full control at all times when in any field containing livestock.
- There is an interesting Butterfly Conservation area called Alners Gorse (free entry) just a short walk away (about a quarter of a mile) either by road or paths/bridleways and there are numerous other walks to choose from in the surrounding area.
- Fun and adventure for the younger visitors is available very close by at Coolplay the indoor adventure playground and for the older children there is Henley Hillbillies activity centre (open all year round) where you can ride a Quad Bike, fly a miniature Hovercraft, drive a Mini Maverick (Mini car), try clay pigeon shooting, archery and much more.
- With lovely country views and walks on the doorstep, Badger Watch, fishing, riding and golf available locally this is the perfect holiday cottage for those who want to enjoy the countryside and have fun exploring all of the funtastic attractions that Dorset has to offer.