CAIRNSMORE STABLE COTTAGE
Dumfries & Galloway
Sleeps: 2 - 4.
Price range: £325 - £525 pw.
3 night short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Elaine & Jonathan Grubb
Mob: 0781 315 6533
Tel: 01671 40 4085
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA 200 year old Listed building that was originally part of the stable block for the private Cairnsmore Estate. It is the ancestral home of the Stewart family and was once the shooting estate of the Dukes of Bedford. As soon as you drive through the estate gates, along the avenue bordered by rhodedendron and broad-leaf trees, the surroundings evoke a by-gone time.
13 Jun, 27 Jun
The cottage is newly refurbished to a very high standard and comfortably furnished. Geothermal underfloor central heating, Flagstone floors in the main living areas maintain a cosy cottage atmosphere. Owner managed.
- WiFi included at BT rural line speed.
- The hallway has storage for boots and coats. A bright kitchen-diner is equipped with fridge, electric oven, ceramic hob, washing machine and a traditional pulley clothes drier.
- Beyond the kitchen is a cosy lounge with two comfortable sofas, TV (Freeview), DVD. Separate CD/radio player. Elm fire surround with Clearview woodburner.
- There are two bedrooms in Stable Cottage, both over-looking the back garden where red squirrels are frequent visitors.
- The master bedroom offers a king-size bed and the second bedroom has two comfortable, single beds.
- The bathroom has a luxury double-ended bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail, shaver point, sink and toilet.
- In the privacy of the sunny, south-facing garden you can enjoy the use of a patio area with barbecue, picnic table and garden furniture. Garden enclosed.
- Whether you are looking for a active holiday or somewhere to relax and unwind Carinsmore Stable Cottage is the ideal location.
- Wonderful walking from the Range of the Awful Hand, Dungeon Hills, The Merrick (2,766 feet), Glentrool, Southern Upland Way, coastal and Forest Park walks (highlighted by the annual Newton Stewart Walkfest).
- For the discerning cyclist - every level of competence can be enjoyed on the renowned 7 Stanes cycle tracks. The SusTrans National Cycle route also runs by the Cairnsmore Estate.
- We boast more red squirrels than anywhere else in Britain and some of the darkest skies in Europe for amazing star gazing - visit Scotland's best kept secret!!