Avenis Farm, Bournes Green, Oakridge,
Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 7NL
Well behaved pets welcome.
Low season £350 pw.
High season £380 - £530 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01452 770346 (day / evening / weekends)
Fax: 01452 357980
Reload this mapStable Cottage is situated on Avenis farm, adjacent to the Jacobean farmhouse and surrounded by woodland, streams, and meadows. Bournes Green is a small hamlet near to the village of Oakridge (about one mile away). Oakridge has an excellent village shop and a pub which serves good food. Stroud, the main town, is five miles away with an excellent farmers' market on Saturdays as well as usual shops and supermarkets.
While visitor's dogs are welcome they must be fully controlled near the sheep and wildlife.
- The living room, with a wood-burning stove and a colour TV and DVD player, opens onto a conservatory and a well equipped kitchen.
- Also on the ground floor, off the kitchen, is a small utility area and the bathroom which has a shower over the bath.
- An open staircase from the living room leads to a double bedroom through which is the access to the twin bedroom.
- The steps up to the front door and down to the kitchen mean that the cottage is not ideal for anyone who is severely handicapped.
- The heated outdoor swimming pool is 50 yards from the cottage in a secluded walled garden and is available during July and August. Outside these two months the pool can be heated on request at a price negotiable and payable on arrival.
- Price includes electricity, heating, bed linen and towels.
- The cottage is available all year round, including winter weekends and short breaks.
- 40 minutes from the M4 (Junction 15), 25 minutes from the M5 (Junction 13), five miles from Stroud mainline station (direct service from London Paddington).
- A network of public footpaths provides walkers with easy access to the surrounding valleys, commons and countryside.
- Other local towns and villages include Bisley, Nailsworth, Minchinhampton and Painswick.
- Within easy reach of Gatcombe, Badminton, Tetbury, Cirencester, Cheltenham and Bath.