North Yorkshire / Cumbria and Lancashire border
2 Dogs by arrangement.
Visit Britain: 5 Star GOLD AWARD.
Low season £350 - £395 pw.
High season £425 - £550 pw.
Short breaks throughout the year.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Christine Hartland
Tel: 015242 51052
Mobile: 07891 602691
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSpoutscroft Cottage is a refurbished traditional Dales cottage for the discerning in the pretty village of Austwick, which has a local pub and shop/post office. Within the Yorkshire Dales National Park... nicely off the beaten track, yet convenient for Settle, Skipton and Kendal.
30 Apr, 7 May, 14 May, 21 May, 28 May, 4 Jun
- 5 Stars Gold Award awarded by Visit Britain.
- Sitting/dining room with flagged floor, open fire, 2 seater leather sofa and 1 leather armchair, window seat and exposed stonework.
- Well equipped kitchen with hand made pine cupboards, granite worktops and "Belfast" sink. Utility room leading to shower room with an electric shower, washbasin and wc.
- Cottage staircase to two bedrooms, one double, one large single, both with brass bedsteads, "Sanderson" soft furnishings, pure white Egyptian cotton bed linen, luxurious "Nimbus Emporium" mattress enhancers, flat screen wall mounted TV's with DVD players, digital, bedside clock radios with iPod docking stations, and stripped pine floorboards.
- Small additional upstairs sitting room with two leather armchairs and with views over open fields and a good variety of books, games and jigsaws.
- Bathroom with three piece suite, electric towel rail and beamed ceiling.
Things to do and see
- Electric double oven, microwave, slow cooker, 50/50 fridge/freezer, kettle, Tassimo coffee maker, toaster, food mixer, breadmaker, electric steamer, sandwich toaster, full size dishwasher, automatic washing machine, tumble dryer, iron/ironing board, 4 colour televisions, Flat screen digital TV in sitting room, DVD player and DVD's, video player and videos, 2 micro CD systems, bedside clock radios with iPod docking stations, foot spa/massager, hair dryers and shaver points. 2 vacuum cleaners, a Dyson and a cylinder vacuum cleaner.
- Flat Screen Digital TV with DVD player in additional upstairs sitting room.
- Central heating, open coal fire, cast-iron electric stove, oil-filled radiator, and electric towel rail.
- Electric blankets on all beds.
- Double glazing throughout.
- Bed linen, towels, toiletries, bag of coal, and welcome basket on arrival included in the rent; electricity by meter reading.
- Flatscreen, wall mounted televisions to both bedrooms.
- Electronic digital safe for valuables.
- "Pay as you Go" mobile phone for emergency use only.
- Children and babies welcome, cot available by request.
- 2 dogs welcome by arrangement, but not to be left in the cottage unattended, nor allowed on soft furnishings or beds. I do not make a charge for pets on holiday at the cottage, but do ask for a donation of £10 per stay for the charity Beagle Welfare on arrival.
- Sorry non-smokers only.
- Smoke alarms on both levels.
- Cottage garden with garden furniture, solar-powered garden lighting, and separate enclosed patio area with additional table and chairs.
- Unrestricted roadside parking directly outside the cottage.
- Personally supervised by the owner who lives nearby.
- Welcome basket on arrival.
- Deliveries are now available from both Tesco and Asda supermarkets.
The area has a wealth of natural interest with limestone scars, caves, open moors, the "Three Peaks", and there are wonderful walks and cycle tracks on the doorstep. A trip on the "Settle to Carlisle" railway is a popular day out, and the Lake District and "Herriot Country" are nearby.