Dumfries and Galloway
Sleeps: 6 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
Prices: £500 - £795 pw.
Check out our other cottages too:
Environmentally friendly cottage sleeping 6 near Wigtown
Keeper's Cottage, sleeping 6
Ravenstone Cottages, 2 cottages sleeping 4 each
For further details please contact:
Mrs Sara Barton
Tel: 0131 618 0883 or 07767 827537
Reload this mapGet away to Galloway. There's something for everyone. Family and friends will enjoy discovering Scotland's hidden corner.
- Lose yourselves in the bookshops and cafes around town - especially busy around the spring and autumn festivals.
- Visit the UK's first Dark Sky Park in the Galloway Forest Park at night and enjoy walks there by day.
- Cycle the challenging 7 Stanes Circuit at Kirroughtree Forest Park or potter peacefully along the quiet roads.
- Walk down to the bird hide on Wigtown Bay Nature Reserve and watch the wild geese migrations.
- Discover the many delightful gardens and nurseries in the area and take home a living memento of your visit.
Southfield is a spacious, three-bedroom townhouse in the heart of historic Wigtown, Scotland's national book town. Relax in our large walled garden with different areas for the whole family. Read quietly in the sheltered courtyard as the swallows dart overhead; sprawl on the lawn by the herbaceous borders and watch the dragon flies over the small pond; let the children escape safely to set up camp in the treehouse towards the end of the garden. Let this be your home from home while you explore the hidden gem that is southwest Scotland.
- Free on-street parking outside the front door.
- Entry hall and coat room with direct access to the garden.
- En-suite double bedroom with shower enclosure, wc and sink.
- Sitting room with open fireplace.
- Large kitchen with dining table with seating for 6 and access to garden. Microwave, dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer, hob/oven.
- Victorian wash-house with modern washer and dryer is accessed through courtyard garden.
- Very spacious king size bedroom.
- Newly renovated twin room over-looking historic town square.
- Family bathroom with clawfoot bath, hand-held shower attachment, wc and sink.
- Sunny south-facing sitting room with dining table.
- Please note: You'll be staying in our home while we are are living abroad. There is a top floor to the house which will be inaccessible for guests as will one of the external rooms off the courtyard. Please respect our privacy.